GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Terrain with a standard Pioneer system. Would it be possible to swap in a navigation unit and control panel out of a 2012? Are the connections the same? If not a navigation out of a 2012 what about a navigation out of a 2010? As far as the control panel looks it is the same a/c controls

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
tahoebigah said:
I have a 2010 Terrain with a standard Pioneer system. Would it be possible to swap in a navigation unit and control panel out of a 2012? Are the connections the same? If not a navigation out of a 2012 what about a navigation out of a 2010? As far as the control panel looks it is the same a/c controls
The dash & screen are redesigned a little in 2012 to accomodate the screen. The 2010 would be a better fits, but both would be pretty cost prohibitive - Why not go with a Garmin portable - they fit pretty nice in the cubby in front of the gear shift. It fits very nice, and looks almost built-in - AND costs tons less.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well navigation would be a plus but I would also like to play dvds. I know the 2012 systems are suppose to be better software wise. I know I could go aftermarket route but I like things to look stock.

The only thing I can find different is a harness w/navigation that connects to some module w/o bluetooth, and the actual control panel itself which is around $170

1 - 3 of 3 Posts