GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering a 2013 Terrain with navigation and was wondering if the radio works when you use the navigation? Does the radio shut off when the navigation is talking and goes back on when the talking stops? Also how do you upgrade the maps and how much does it cost? All the info you can give me will be helpful!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes, the radio still works when using the navigation, but it gets muted during voice prompts. As far as I know, to upgrade the maps you have to buy an updated version. :thumbdown:No idea on price though. Try doing a search on the forum because I think I've seen a thread about it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
$200...yes, that is right, TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS for the update SD card. Can be purchased.... http://www.gmnavdisc.com/

That alone there is one reason I will never buy a NAV system built into a vehicle. My TomTom was $100 and came with lifetime map updates. Had it 4 years now and still updates fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone I have bought the navigation head unit, the screen with navigation, the dash frame to update my non-navigation SUV. I really want my SUV with an OEM system. Do you think I need anything more to do it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts