GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not hard of hearing but when u are listening to say XM and have the audio up kinda high is there anyway of upping the womans voice on the Nav System???

·
Registered
49 Posts
I found this in the Nav system manual. I haven't tried it myself.

Voice Guidance

To adjust the volume of voice
guidance prompts:

1. Press the CONFIG hard key to
enter the menu options, then
press the CONFIG key repeatedly
until Nav is selected or touch the
Nav screen button.

2. Press the Voice Prompt screen
button.

3. Press the Voice Volume screen
button.

4. Press the + (plus) or – (minus)
screen buttons to increase
or to decrease the volume
of the voice prompts.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you can also adjust the nav volume if you use the volume controls while she's speaking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
tbox302 said:
I'm pretty sure that you can also adjust the nav volume if you use the volume controls while she's speaking.
Great tip tbox302. I just tried it while I was out running some errands and you are correct, using the volume knob while she is speaking does adjust the volume of the navigation voice. Much easier than the method I posted.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I had the same problem when I picked up my Terrain and the dealer adjusted it. You would think they would mute the radio sound when the nav voice came on, then you wouldn't have to have the nav volumn so hi.

·
Registered
155 Posts
as a follow up on this I noticed today as I was jamming on the way to work that if the radio volume is high enough that it will lower the volume when she speaks or the nav chimes. seems like it depends on the volume settings of each.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
My wife noticed the sound go down also, but just a little. I still had a hard time hearing the nav voice until the dealer raised the volume of the nav voice ...now I can hear it loud and clear.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Go to NAV and press config. Then press Nav voice volume and you can increase or decrease the volume. At the bottom press voice and it gives a sample of the volume.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can adjust the volume by going through the menus or you can just adjust the volume knob when the woman is speaking. You gotta be fast though because the woman usually doesn't speak for very long. But it sure is easier to turn the knob when you are driving than going through the menus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts