GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2010 Cadillac CTS, when I pushed the Bluetooth button to "Talk" give a command if the fan was on it would turn it down.

It does not seem the Terrain does this? Not a huge deal but just curious?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Mine does. At least when I go to make a phone call or talk to the on-star people. I think the A/C has to be set to Auto for it to work like that. But I'm not 100%.

·
Registered
196 Posts
mine as well. mine is always in auto mode, so not sure about vehicles that don't have auto

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is that why mine won't do it anymore? Whenever I used to make or receive a call it would turn down but now it doesn't. I have since changed a bunch of settings in the menu and always thought it was something to do with that. So all I have to do is set A/C to auto and it will work again?

·
Registered
196 Posts
KFUDGE88 said:
Is that why mine won't do it anymore? Whenever I used to make or receive a call it would turn down but now it doesn't. I have since changed a bunch of settings in the menu and always thought it was something to do with that. So all I have to do is set A/C to auto and it will work again?
not sure...its worth a shot

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give that a try. I usually don't use "auto". I usually have my fan on a setting, same now for Terrain.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Auto has no effect, it does not adjust Fan speed.

So everyone else when you hit talk button it lowers fan speed

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sburngasser said:
Auto has no effect, it does not adjust Fan speed.

So everyone else when you hit talk button it lowers fan speed
Yep definitely if the fan is blowing strong. Have you tried changing the Auto temperature to something really high or low so fan goes full force then try to make a call? Maybe it doesn't lower the fan if the fan is only going at 1/12 ~ 4/12?

·
Registered
119 Posts
In my Terrain it lowers the fan automatically

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the responses. Got a appt. for tomorrow morning dealer said it should be adjusting the fan. Can anyone confirm that "auto" is a requirement(I tried both) but just curious.

Let you know what dealer finds.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, need help. Dealer called in to GMC tech support and they said Terrains w/ out Nav the fan is controlled. Terrains w/ navigation the fan is not controlled(which makes no sense).

Anyone with a Nav, can you check if you hit the talk button on the steering wheel that the fan setting lowers or not (auto or not) years model.

Thanks

Burn

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sburngasser said:
Ok, need help. Dealer called in to GMC tech support and they said Terrains w/ out Nav the fan is controlled. Terrains w/ navigation the fan is not controlled(which makes no sense).

Anyone with a Nav, can you check if you hit the talk button on the steering wheel that the fan setting lowers or not (auto or not)

Thanks

Burn
That is not the case with the Equinox. We have the Nav system and the fan lowers itself when using the "push to talk" button. I'm not sure if it has to be on "auto" or not. I can check later.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, so now it gets even different.

I had called another GMC dealer, and a sales guy went out to a non Nav terrain and a Nav terrain and neither when hitting the talk button lowered the fan volume.

I appreciate everyones responses, but I am only interested in Terrain owners considering what the Eng Tech support has said and what the dealer found out on two different 2011 models isnt even true.

So any Nav or non Nav Terrain owners with bluetooth, can you let me know????

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sburngasser said:

Anyone with a Nav, can you check if you hit the talk button on the steering wheel that the fan setting lowers or not (auto or not) years model.

Thanks

Burn
I have the 2010 SLE-2 w/ Navi - I'll test it again later but I remember in the past it would lower the fan when I made are received phone calls.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a 2010 SLE2 non-nav and use bluetooth to pair a blackberry device for handsfree phone services.
I have noticed my HVAC lowering the fan setting when I use voice activated features, am talking to OnStar or when I receive a call.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ok well I just checked out my Terrain w/o Nav and I adjusted the auto fan to high and it seems to turn it down when I press talk button. Still doesn't seem like it turns it down as much as it did when I first bought the vehicle but then again I could just be on crack haha. But it definitely does turn down when I make a call.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CanadianTerrain said:
Ok well I just checked out my Terrain w/o Nav and I adjusted the auto fan to high and it seems to turn it down when I press talk button. Still doesn't seem like it turns it down as much as it did when I first bought the vehicle but then again I could just be on crack haha. But it definitely does turn down when I make a call.
What year?? Starting to think it's a 2011 thing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any 2011 w/ Nav ??

1 - 20 of 51 Posts