GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance Chevy will expand the cargo area behind the rear wheels on the 2011 models. I read a review where they stated it was the only vehical in it's class that could not fit a set of golf clubs width-wise. This is pretty much a deal breaker for me. I mean, there's clearly empty space there, so why do manufacturers insist on trying to close it off?

·
Registered
698 Posts
T-Hawk said:
Any chance Chevy will expand the cargo area behind the rear wheels on the 2011 models. I read a review where they stated it was the only vehical in it's class that could not fit a set of golf clubs width-wise. This is pretty much a deal breaker for me. I mean, there's clearly empty space there, so why do manufacturers insist on trying to close it off?
No. Very little is changing on the '11s. Don't expect a change to the dimensions of the vehicle for at least a few years...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
T-Hawk said:
Just bend the clubs to fit That way you wont have to wrap the clubs around a tree when your game is off.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm guessing that the missing room behind the rear seat is due to a combination of the long wheelbase (wheel arches) and the placement of the subwoofer. I don't know where else they could put the sub without losing the spare tire and putting it outside like a RAV4...and i don't think I would want to give up the long wheelbase to have a wider cargo area. Every small/mid-size SUV has design compromises somewhere simply due to lack of space for everything a full size has.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts