GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of confused on the whole mylink/intellilink--

We are looking to buy a 2012 equinox LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic w/1LT). We know the dealership has had it since late August 2011.

Will this be able to work with mylink?

·
Registered
194 Posts
The onstar stuff will work. But the my-link pandora stuff won't. It does not have the right radio.

·
Registered
241 Posts
fun4stuff said:

We are looking to buy a 2012 equinox LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic w/1LT). We know the dealership has had it since late August 2011.

There is no mylink on that vehicle.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Be careful the dealer will lie to you. They will tell you it's just a firmware update away or something like that.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
fun4stuff said:

I would have to agree that it is likely that the vehicle does not have MyLink because of when the vehicle was produced. I can look into this further to be sure with the last eight of the VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
IM sure it will say its got the 'Mylink radio'.. not just 'colorTouch radio'. radio will have a 'Pandora' icon on the radio display too...just incase your salesrep says it is the Mylink radio,check out the radio.

I think the plan is in Mid Feb. 2012, it will be on the Loaded Equinox, then will be available for other models. Same with Terrain, first on the SLT2..then later on for other models.

Mylink is chevy..Intellilink is buick,GMC...both same..just different names.

and it is a radio, not just a software or firmware upgrade.. The radio code on the sales order would show what radio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts