GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sad :(

A BMW 7 tried to pass me from behind on one lane road as we we turning right. He thought there were two lanes because of the width of the road and failed to see that 2 right lanes are still being added - and not complete yet so the traffic shifts left to one lane each direction where future 2 lanes in opposite direction traffic will be.

Cops came and gave him ticket and determined to be hist fault so that will help me a lot with the insurance. Claim is pending for his statement to his company, I already gave mine.

Luckily no one was injured but I felt little light headed (my head hit side column, no air bags deployed as we were going slow) so I will have it checked out tomorrow just in case.

The tire is scraping against front suspension, I drove 1 mile at 10 mph to the office and left the car there.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
That sucks!! But did u say BMW? $$$$$$$ I think that you are "VERY" emotionally distraught and also are suffering from severe headaches....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Old Lar said:
You were turning right, he was passing you, how the H did he hit you on the left front fender?
If he passes on the left and then realizes that he's turning right into a one lane road, he's either got to hit someone head on or hit you on the left.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That definitely stinks! That gives me a nauseating feeling in my stomach for you! Just got my 2012 Nox on 12/31/11. I will be sick if I get in an accident anytime soon (or ever)! :'(

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JediSkipdogg said:
If he passes on the left and then realizes that he's turning right into a one lane road, he's either got to hit someone head on or hit you on the left.
Yep, exactly what happened. Although I do not remember if there was a car in the other direction coming. All I remember is turning right and after impact with all the system failures on the dashboard and loosing power steering control, so had to turn the steering wheel really hard to get out of the road.

Maybe he lost control? He just said he got "confused".

Now the ******* is dealing giving statement to his insurance company so my claim is on hold. May have to end up going through my insurance and have them fight it out with the other company.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
equinox2 said:
Yep, exactly what happened. Although I do not remember if there was a car in the other direction coming. All I remember is turning right and after impact with all the system failures on the dashboard and loosing power steering control, so had to turn the steering wheel really hard to get out of the road.

Maybe he lost control? He just said he got "confused".

Now the ******* is dealing giving statement to his insurance company so my claim is on hold. May have to end up going through my insurance and have them fight it out with the other company.
Had a guy do that to me one time ,Hit me in the rear and then refused to talk to his insurance company so I had to go thru my insurance to get vehicle fixed.. never got my deductable back. He, and his family moved on after the accident(he was of asian decent..wonder if that had anything to do with it you know illigal?)so I couldn't even get him in small claims court
The State where I live took away his drivers license so my insurance company said..
The best of it all ..My agent was his agent also..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts