GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after two months of internet searching and a lot of phone calls,I found my new equinox with the options and color that I wanted in tucson arzonia at watson chevrolet. They had 14 new equinoxs in stock. I made my deal over the phone with tommy thompson internet sales manager, I packed my bags.drove 676 miles from los alamos nm ,to watson chevrolet in tucson az, I got to the dealer at 6 pm, by 8 pm the deal was done and I was at my hotel.
I traded in my 2008 chevrolet malibu ltz on the equinox at a fair price ?.
msrp on the new equinox ltz fwd,nav.v6.18" wheels/tires.$ 32,860,I got $1,400 off the sticker price. my local chev dealer here in santa fe nm would not sell a equinox below msrp, it was a long trip to tucson az. but I saved $1,400 dollars on the deal
now for the dealer review
watson chevrolet is a very big chevrolet a lot of cars /suvs/trucks and equinoxs. there were no dealer addons and no surprise"s at the end of the sales contract,a good honest dealer, my sales man tommy thompson may be the best sales man I ever dealt with
The trip home in the new equinox
the 3.0 v6,has a lot of power for a small motor more power than I need. the 6 speed trans works very good,it drives a lot better than my x 2008 malibu ltz 3.6 v6. the ltz equinox has a lot of standard options, plus the options that i added,its a very comfortable and easy to drive.I got 28.9 mpg on one leg of my trip home with no hills to climb on a brand new vehicle.the navigation system is a must for traveling its well worth the extra coast to me.I am in love with this vehicle, the fit and finish is 1st class,I could not find any thing about this vehicle that i did not like.
thats it for now kids, i got to go milk the cows

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think the Gold Mist is sharp. Good Luck with your new Nox!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Congrats and thanks for sharing, gold mist ltz!
8) 8) 8)
A 676 mile trip is a great way to break in and get a good feel for your new ride, IMO.
Glad you like your LTZ and hope it brings you many years of driving pleasure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts