GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've pulled another one - maybe I belong in the 70's. I signed up for Sirius for the Nox including the weather info feature so when you press the Info button on the control panel you get all that cool weather info on the Nav screen, like in the Buick crossover TV ads. I love Sirius and the Info feature! But I started noticing every time I hit the Info button, a critical weather alert balloon filled my Nav screen, like a highjacker. It would not go away until I pressed the screen to dismiss it. This happened even though there was no critical weather in my area. It made me angry enough to call and get after some Sirius rep who could not explain it. So I wrote emails to the Sirius tech group, who could not explain it.

So this doesn't happen to you, here is the answer, although I can't really explain it. The cause was the Nox options screens, not Sirius. Because I had the Critical Weather Alert turned on in the Nox menu system, that works through the Info button, as does the Sirius Weather update feature. So there is some kind of power play there between the two services. Once I turned the option off in the Nox options, the highjacker screen balloon no longer interferes with my Sirius weather report & 5-day forecast. Am I missing anything without the critical weather alert? I don't think so since it was never right anyway. I think I need to apologize to Sirius. :-[

·
Registered
635 Posts
In USA, Sirius and XM have merged, but not in Canada. However the service is called XM in GM vehicles. Sirius has a different channel lineup. You can add Sirius channels to XM in the USA, not in Canada.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops. I did forget to search first before posting this time. Sorry for the duplicate. And I will say XM from now on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts