GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would have to repeat my MPG test- to see how the new O2 sensors are helping.
to compare to this-

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very curious to see results after the O2 replacements. Our MPG hasn’t changed over the years....yet.

Our “Best” was coming down the mountains into Denver this winter. You can see how craptacular our MPG is with nothing but pure stop and go city driving is.

I thought for years AWD only dropped our MPG by 1-2.....appears it is more like 4-5. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrats on the milestone. I wish you would tell us what you are putting in your fuel tank and how many PSI are you running to reach 30MPG. 50PSI?? 60PSI??? Must ride a little rough.

Seriously, you lucked out with 2wd being available with the 3.6 in 2015 as the 2016 and 2017 models required AWD also. I average just under 20 on daily drives and can reach 22 on trips at 70MPH with only 2 people in the vehicle. I am at 34,000 miles. The sad part is my 2019 Ford F150 Crew Cab with 4WD, 2.7 V6 with twin turbos, 3.55 rear axle, and 10 speed automatic is just a hair under for the same conditions. I haver always been on the lower side compared to a number of 3.6 owners here. Tried premium gas on long trips and felt a little snappier but MPG did not improve. Besides being light on takeoffs, are the rest of us missing something? My 2003 Impala with 4 spd trans. and 3.4 V6 was the greatest I ever had with avg mpg in the upper 20's and 32mpg on cross country trips. Sure miss that car. Taking a trip cross country next month by myself and debating which vehicle to take since the MPG is close. Since my MPG has always been lower than many around here since it was new, I would not suspect anything wrong with the drivetrain.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I use regular gas (top tier). Tires @ 35 PSI cold.
Ill have to run the test soon. Gas up hit the highway return and refuel.
Gas is currently $4.09 for regular at the nearest station

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I use regular gas (top tier). Tires @ 35 PSI cold.
Ill have to run the test soon. Gas up hit the highway return and refuel.
Gas is currently $4.09 for regular at the nearest station
Good grief! I’m paying $2.82 for Premium (93) down here in GA!

·
Registered
965 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I'm doing an mpg test of a tank of gas on my 2011 3.0L V6 Nox right now. I'll be shocked if I get 500 miles out of this 20.9 gal tankful (BTW: 87 octane, and I paid $2.46/gal last week). That would be about 24 mpgs. I won't get it. It'll be lower than that.

But I'm trying to keep my speed at 65 mph on the Interstate, and I'm watching the "Instantaneous Fuel Economy" number real-time as I go ... to see if that has any benefit.

This vehicle has never been better than 23-25 mpg. My '02 Impala (3.4L V6) is way better ... even with 240,000 miles on it now ... just under 30 mpg! (Nox is about to turn 160k miles)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts