GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the forum for a while I finally understood the concept of allocations, so I emailed my salesman (the one I ordered from 2 weeks ago) asking if he had allocations and if he could give me the order number (so I can track it). He, in turn, forwarded my email to their "Inventory Manager", who replied that they have no allocations, but unless they were to make something extra the order would take 2 more weeks and then delivery would take eight to twelve weeks after that.

I already replied to ask what an "extra" means, but quite honestly I'm not jumping at the chance to pay an "extra" above invoice (after supplier discount) when I could possibly get this from another dealer with an allocation.

Unfortunately, I did give them a $500 check to "show I'm serious" (yeah, I haven't learned anything yet). If I decide to go to another dealer before they actually order the NOX I'd feel clearly within my rights to get it back! In fact, I'd probably feel I should get it back even if it was ordered, these cars sell like hot cakes pecan pie (I'm in Texas).

I've seen a few people in the forum have dealt with this before. Is calling every other dealer the only way to determine if they have allocations? Do they generally answer honestly? or will they just say yes to get me to bite and then ask for an extra?

Update: I got an answer on the extras. All it would mean is I don't have to wait a couple of weeks for the order to go through, it would go through sooner, but I'd still have to wait 8-12 weeks after that for delivery. I guess I'm either waiting or looking at dealer inventories again. :)

G

·
Current time from order placed to actually being built is about 6wks and then about another 2-3 wks on a train to get to you in Texas.

If you singed a deal you're kind of locked in. Contrary to popular believe there is no such thing as "buyers remorse" clauses or anything like that to really get out of a deal after you've singed the dotted line.

Anyone buying a vehicle that needs to be ordered, add terms, in writing, that dealer must have allocation and the order# will be provided within 3 days. That way you have an out if they come back and give you an extended delivery.

Chances are now the vehicle trim and color you wanted might be on another dealer lot close by. Dealers are continualy getting in inventory from orders placed months ago.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmarges said:
Chances are now the vehicle trim and color you wanted might be on another dealer lot close by. Dealers are continualy getting in inventory from orders placed months ago.
Thanks for the reply! I have not signed anything, just gave them a check which I'm sure I could stop if I wanted to go down that path. I'm considering getting an LTZ instead of the 2LT I ordered because there is one about 150 miles from here. I've already talked to the local dealer to see if they can get it for me. I'm trading in, so I don't really want to travel all the way to the middle of nowhere only to find out they're giving me too little for my current car. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few days.

I originally went for the 2LT because I don't need the leather seats or the automatic tailgate. However, I was also pretty much resigned to buying projector style headlamps ($$$) and HID lights for it. I also like the idea of the memory mirrors. My old BMW had that and it made parallel parking a snap.

G

·
Your dealer should be able to get the vehcile from the other delaer....they do "dealer trades" all the time.

Go with the LTZ, that's what I got and love all the extra features...I don't understand why people buy lower stripped down trip levels...If you need to shave off that much of the cost then perhaps you should be looking at an entirely different vehicle in the next class down.

for the extra 20-30% from base to loaded, is not much per year extra if you plan to keep a vehicle for lets say 10 years or so. In the mean time why not have the extra comfort for all those years.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmarges said:
Your dealer should be able to get the vehcile from the other delaer....they do "dealer trades" all the time.

Go with the LTZ, that's what I got and love all the extra features...I don't understand why people buy lower stripped down trip levels...If you need to shave off that much of the cost then perhaps you should be looking at an entirely different vehicle in the next class down.

for the extra 20-30% from base to loaded, is not much per year extra if you plan to keep a vehicle for lets say 10 years or so. In the mean time why not have the extra comfort for all those years.
Agreed, I haven't tried the leather seats yet, and I was a little afraid that they would crack (I read a thread or two about that), so the 2LT gave me the best combination of tech features and premium cloth seats. At the time I had not read the entire manual twice and as such I didn't know about the memory mirrors for parking or the ambient light.

It may be a moot point for a while. Apparently after I asked my salesman to see if he can get the other NOX he left them a voice mail and has stopped responding to email or phone.

I can complete the stalker trifecta and go see him (I'm stalking the equinox, not him), but he may just say he hasn't gotten an answer. I might reconsider and call the other dealership directly.

G

·
Go LTZ, The halogen projector lights are awesome, you get the power rear lift gate, awesome...memory seats are great if your wife is driving it too...the system recognizes her key and automatically adjusts the seat and all the mirrors.

Plus you get all the chrome and new for 2011 from 2010 is that the LTZ includes the convenience package (Cargo net, privacy cargo cover and roof cross rails) this was a $450 $CDN option on the 2010's.

As for the leather, they'll last for years and even if you get a crack you can call a mobile leather repair guy and he'll fix it for $80. Leather cleanup is also better if you spill anything or have young kids that stand on the seat or drop food all over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts