GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I factory ordered my Terrain Nov 6, and was told it would take 6-8 weeks (seems thats what everyone is told), however Im really starting to get anxious because we're now in week 12, and still no delivery to the dealer. I've been starting to get onto the dealer's case about the status, and they told me recently it's marked in the system as being "in transit" and has been sitting at the port waiting to be picked up and delivered to the dealer, since Jan 10th. It seems crazy that these cars can sit for so long just waiting to be delivered. The port is only 1-1.5 hrs away from the dealer. I dont understand this process, it does not seem very efficient at all.

The dealer keeps telling me any day, but that's what I've been hearing for 2 weeks now...Has anyone else had a similar experience with the car being built, just taking forever to be delivered to the dealer??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yea Im just going to have to wait I suppose. Getting very anxious though since the value of my car continues to decrease with each additional mile...

I think GM really has an opportunity with setting expectations - Dont say 6-8 weeks if it normally takes 12+ weeks. I rather them over-project than under.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My Terrain SLT-1 was built 1/20 and the dealers computer says delivery on 2/5. From what I read here, that may be a bit optimistic. My dealer says it's very unpredictable as some arrive on schedule, most within 2 weeks of schedule, and there is that occasional, and remarkable, delivery BEFORE schedule. A lot depends on the factory and model I understand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At least your order had a delivery date - My order (workbench) did not have an estimated date....the dealer simply said, surely it'll be 6-8 weeks. At this point we're quickly approaching 13...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Islander said:
My Terrain SLT-1 was built 1/20 and the dealers computer says delivery on 2/5. From what I read here, that may be a bit optimistic. My dealer says it's very unpredictable as some arrive on schedule, most within 2 weeks of schedule, and there is that occasional, and remarkable, delivery BEFORE schedule. A lot depends on the factory and model I understand.
Mine too was built on the 20th, should be here in MO. sometime next week. Will be interesting to compare the sequential numbers,(last 6 digits of VIN) they should be very close to each other.

KJ

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am anxious for mine but I am not trying to think about it..For 1 thing they told me the plant shut down for 2 wks for the holiday and i never got a build date..I ordered my Dec 10 but when it comes in I am swapping it out for a slt-2..so I will wait patiently and see what happens..Thanks

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
SnowItch said:
They won't let you swap before then? Seems with the fact that they are flying off the lot, they'd go ahead and let you get the SLT-2 when one was available.
I was thinking the same thing. Why wait??

I did that with Acadia. Order SLT-2 with everything except HUD & Dual roof. Hd 2nd thoughts and car got stuck at port. Took delivery of one in CT. The sold mine when it cme in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how long was yours "stuck at the port?" Its been almost 3 weeks for mine - and no updates from the dealer - wheres the customer service??? makes you wonder how badly they really want the sale!

but seriously - im starting to lose my patience - how and why could a car possibly be sitting 1.5 hrs away for 3 weeks??? Could the dealer be lying to me and the car isnt even there yet??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a shame that GM is allowing their agents to ruin their customer experience....isnt that what contracts are for?? In the end I purchased from GM, not the transport company.

Ive got corporate's number now. I may give them a call and escalate.

Additionally - heres another concern: At the time of my order they had 2 nice rebates available: The loyalty and return period waiver, totaling $1500...and they are itemized on my buyers order. I cant seem to find any info about those rebates still being available at this point. if it's on my buyer's order, arent they obligated to provide them even if the rebates are not out there anymore?? I sure hope so!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
JTrollerb said:
how long was yours "stuck at the port?" Its been almost 3 weeks for mine - and no updates from the dealer - wheres the customer service??? makes you wonder how badly they really want the sale!

but seriously - im starting to lose my patience - how and why could a car possibly be sitting 1.5 hrs away for 3 weeks??? Could the dealer be lying to me and the car isnt even there yet??
Mine was stuck 2 weeks before I gave up. This was after I endured a plant shutdown for the holidays.

·
Registered
93 Posts
noncon said:
Mine too was built on the 20th, should be here in MO. sometime next week. Will be interesting to compare the sequential numbers,(last 6 digits of VIN) they should be very close to each other.

KJ
Update, mine arrive here in STL early Friday. I been stuck in meetings at work all day, so I'll pick up Sat.

Hearing the stories on how long many had to wait, I was skeptical when the salesman said "oh about a week after its built". He wasn't too far off.

KJ

·
Registered
265 Posts
They have none on the Lot..They are getting 5 in on The wk after the Super Bowl....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked up my SLT-1 yesterday. It was ordered in Nov but the order was not picked up by GM until Dec (Dealer didn't have allocation available they thought they did in Nov). It was built on 1/15 and delivered to the dealer in Georgia on 1/29 (the day it was scheduled to be delivered) so I lucked out. So far I love everything about it. The handsfree bluetooth is really great to have (and easy to set up) and I love being able to link in my ipod and play songs from it. Gonna take awhile to learn to use the backup camera though :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well at least some of us are FINALLY getting the cars ordered a couple months back.

Still waiting....
Tomorrow begins week #13....

·
Registered
18 Posts
SnowItch said:
It happens quicker than you think. It was the first time I had one, and I've grown accustomed to it very quickly.

;D

Drove around this weekend and really love how smoothly this car drives. Had an xterra before (and really liked it) but the ride was definitely rougher. The bluetooth hands-free and remote start features are really, really nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We Ordered on 1/7 with a TPW of 2/22/10 for a SLE-2 Mocha/Jet Black Convenience Package with 18 inch wheels and Navigation System. Hopefully they will be flowing more smoothly out of the plant towards the end of February to pick up in early March!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
My SLT-1 was built on 1/20 and has an expected delivery date of 2/5. I'm trying not to get too excited as I've read too many posts describing expected delivery dates having come and gone without a new vehicle in the driveway. This forum has been an incredible resource for those of you who can drive and experience the Nox/Terrain on a daily basis. But for those of us in wait, it is equally valuable for getting "vetted" info on our expected vehicles. This forum has assured me I made the right decision in ordering this new model and I sincerely appreciate the input of each and every contributer. And now if my phone would only ring.....

L

·
0 Posts
My local dealer told me 6 to 16 weeks for a custom order today. How's that for covering themselves! :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wish they were that upfront when I had ordered.

It's been officially 3 weeks now...And still waiting...Do I seem to hold the record for waiting the longest after ordering??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts