GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my midnight edition 2.0 I have a K&n Intake and a trifecta tune and just put a spoiler on it. Any suggestions on other good mods to do ?

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Suggestions.... get rid of the K&N and tint those front door windows.
Nice ride but does your state require the plate to be mounted offset like that in the front? That sucks.

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Not required to be offset on NY. Looks better in the middle. IMHO

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice ride!

I have a trifecta tune
Can you provide some additional feed back on the tune? I'm specifically interested in what RPM's it will run at when under light or steady cruise at 35-40 MPH?

TIA

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the K&n it makes it sounds amazing and the tints are illegal here so I would get pulled over all the time other wise I would lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really I am shocked about the opinions on the plate placement ??? I love the plate on the side I think imho it looks A lot better and doesn’t obstruct air flow to the radiator or intercooler But to each his own must
be a NY thing because I have had a lot of compliments on the plate placement from people around here Lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can post a video of the speedo at different speeds I will put it on today when I get a chance to for you

·
Registered
295 Posts
Side placement of the front license plate is definitely old school, like 30's and 40's old school. A lot of pickup trucks of that era had the front license plate mount located underneath the driver's side headlight bucket.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I wonder if that spoiler would help for people who live on gravel roads.
A few here have added spoilers to help keep the dirt off the back window.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I wonder if that spoiler would help for people who live on gravel roads.
A few here have added spoilers to help keep the dirt off the back window.
I could get used to that spoiler if it were functional.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Any suggestions on other good mods to do ?
How about a splash of color with a fender stripe that matches your calipers?

I know; some do, some don't like the stripe; I find locating my silver crossover in a lot full of them is easier with a stripe.

This is also an identifier for people wanting to know if the vehicle is mine if they see it somewhere.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hmmmm I kinda like the fender stripe I might mole something up to see how it would look on mine Thanks

The inspiration for this was the fender hash stripe on the Gran Sport Corvettes a few years back; initially the stripe was used in racing to identify the different race cars on the same team while on the track.

The Malibu has this as an accessory now for the Gen 9 models, in different colors. You might get some ideas from the Malibu accessories section on the Chevy website.

My stripe is three separate pieces made from rolls of vinyl graphic material acquired online and cut in dimensions to emulate the wheel stripes on my Redline. I applied the pieces wet and using a squeegee, set them in position. There is a narrow black pinstripe around the perimeter to highlight the red against the silver.

·
Registered
491 Posts
This is my midnight edition 2.0 I have a K&n Intake and a trifecta tune and just put a spoiler on it. Any suggestions on other good mods to do ?
Where did you source the spoiler? I kinda like the one you have; especially if it is somewhat functional too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love the K&n it makes it sounds amazing and the tints are illegal here so I would get pulled over all the time other wise I would lol
I have seen first hand in my previous work experience that the K&N doesn't do much for performance unless you change the whole induction system plus the filtering efficiency is quite poor. I saw a youtube video the other day that backs this up. The Project Farm dude did a simple flow and filtration test with a selection of aftermarket filters and a K&N. He did not use ideal equipment (proper flow bench) but it was good enough to do comparison testing. He found the same issues. He also did 0-60 runs and found only a 0.1 sec difference. That is not something you will feel and certainly not something to risk increased engine wear and potential oil usage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts