GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Equinox Premier 1.6 TD - totally loaded.
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Some updates- got the side steps and trailer hitch installed- they ordered the wrong rear entertainment head rests (color) so those will be installed in about 10 days.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nice installation work, hope the side steps work out, for me I'm tall enough that they would just be shin busters.
The side steps are all but useless. They come in handy when loading things on the roof rack. I liked them mainly for their looks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The side steps just might serve best as long term protection than steps...💡 Clean installation (y)

·
Registered
167 Posts
My senior dogs use the steps to get in and out of my Terrain, mostly the getting part as they usually don't seem to have a problem just jumping out. And I can see a couple of nicks on the underside of the steps, so they probably saved some rocks or something from hitting the rocker panels. Other than that, yeah they're pretty useless.

I was thinking about saying that they may be useful for small children, but then realized that someone that small probably wouldn't be stepping into the vehicle anyway. Straight to the car seat/booster seat for them.

Reactions: BayNavig8r_

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice installation work, hope the side steps work out, for me I'm tall enough that they would just be shin busters.
Got em mainly for the kid lol- now he can be a ‘big kid’ as he says haha. I’m finding I step over them but they look cool.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the update- finally got the headrest screens installed. Got the Amazon Firestik and we have access to all our stuff, even on Apple TV. Kids are loving it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the update- finally got the headrest screens installed. Got the Amazon Firestik and we have access to all our stuff, even on Apple TV. Kids are loving it! View attachment 17743
I am a little disappointed with the wires sticking out- I can’t imagine they would come from the factory that way- if anyone has a pic with factory install I’d love to see it. Other than that- first day is a success.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts