GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 2014 Chevy Equinox LT2 after a wash and wax and tire dressing. Its got leather, heated seats, remote start, auto climate control and touch screen radio.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks good!! Any plans for her? Also what motor

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.4L 4 cylinder

Its just okay. I plan on trading it in 3 years for a Mazda, I'm not very happy with it to be honest.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
bluebirdvision said:
2.4L 4 cylinder

Its just okay. I plan on trading it in 3 years for a Mazda, I'm not very happy with it to be honest.

from his 1st post-- it sounded like he was very happy with it....
but then it takes a turn in the post above...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I take care of a car, whether i like it or not. I am not impressed with the sheet metal quality on the Equinox.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Gee. . most of the rest of us are. Rit has a 2010 with no rust on his tailgate, same with rbarrios and many others. You just bought the thing and in your own words:

" Well, I broke the cardinal rule. I looked at a used car in the rain. And low and behold the car is absolutely beautiful with one major exception. There is quite a few rust spots starting on the tail gate."

It is used, and maybe the dealer should have been looked at more closely also.

Anytime you buy a used car . . . even if 2 or 3 years old. . . . it pays to check out who is selling it and also give it a very close going over. . . no rush. You rush and you may get undesirable results.

I sympathize. . . . but one rusty tailgate does not leave "GM Sheet Metal" in question. In fact, most body steel for all car makers in the U.S. pretty mush comes from the same sources.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah. I get it. Its my fault.... just letting off some 'steam'

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't normally tell this, and maybe it isn't the place to do it.

The reason I am so annoyed, I have cerebral palsy, I am very independent, i live on my own, I have 2 PT jobs, I hold a CDL B and drive buses for a dealership (who BTW provides better customer service than any car dealership I have dealt with.) - I know everybody says this, but i know quite a bit about cars. If I was born with hands that worked correctly I would've been a mechanic.Being independent, I HATE asking my parents or family for help. Well, I guess I need to start asking my dad to go with me when i look at cars. It was cold the day I looked at it, and I have to admit I looked at it quick, to get back in the warmth of the showroom. I didn't know you could ask the dealership to pull it inside or else I would've. I also was unaware of how horrible the dealership is that i bought the car from. I figured being a small town dealer they would be better to deal with than a large one. Wanting to keep me happy to keep my business. They don't care at all.

After sleeping on it overnight, I guess the independent price of $400 isn't bad. The guy is going to grind the spots, remove the tailgate chrome piece and check the grommets (I already bought them, so he will just replace them.) - I am not going to have him replace the Equinox emblem, I will probably leave that off. Then paint the spots and re clearcoat the whole gate.

you live and learn (hopefully)

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Understandable. Challenges do make things more difficult.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan on buying brand new next time, so hopefully it'll work out better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Isn't the sheet metal/body under warranty????

Current models state:

"Rust-through coverage is for the first 6 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first."

Hopefully it is transferable.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There has to be a hole first. WHich to me makes no sense, as it would cost them more to fix a hole, that to fix surface rust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I you asked about the corrosion warranty?

"Corrosion coverage is for the first 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first."

Even if it is slightly out of time period, that might still stand behind it.

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
BowtieBill said:
I you asked about the corrosion warranty?

"Corrosion coverage is for the first 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first."

Even if it is slightly out of time period, that might still stand behind it.
But there has to be a hole first as stated above.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Annnnnd. I took my car in for banging in the back (which I complained about a week after I got the car and was told that it was normal) and my cousin found the drivers side shock rusted at the bottom (and leaking) and the passengers side rusting also. People used to say GM builds garbage, and I used to get mad. Well, now I know exactly what they're talking about. 3 years, 42k:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

·
Registered
242 Posts
what state do you live in? the stuff they put on the roads in winter is horrid and ate threw a set of koni yellow adjustable shocks i bought new in under 3 years. Its horrendous if you live in a similar region of the states that sees a good amount of snow annually.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
@blubirdvision .. . . sorry ot hear of your continued problems. That said. . .

Yup. . . GM is all junk. No doubt about it. Better take the used Equinox back and tell them to fix it. If it has a leaky shock, then you should point that out to the dealer and state it is a safety issue. All used vehicles should have a safety inspection including suspension parts like shock/struts. If they won;t fix it. call your state offices regarding used vehicles sales and tell the Dealer you are not satisfied with their treatment of you and the vehicle they sold to you.

But. . . YUP. . . . GM stuff is junk. Better go buy a VW, Chrysler, Toyota, or other brand. None of them would ever be junk.
Then you can be on a forum where everything is fine and dandy.

BTW. . . after owning +35 new and used vehicles, ALL the GM vehicles I've had are no worse and mostly better than the following brands I also bought new and used:
Toyota
Subaru
Mitsubishi
Nissan
VW
Chrysler
Dodge
Ford
- - - - :cheers:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll be honest. I'm 28, I've owned 4 cars including the 'Nox. A 99 Regal with a 3.8L, an 04 Silverado with a 5.3, a 2011 Silverado and the Nox. My Regal was a great car, i sold it with 200k because the valve covers started leaking onto the exhaust manifold. They recalled the cars about 2 weeks later. ugh. My 04 Silverado was a good truck too. Biggest thing on that was the stupid way they rotued the brake lines in the front. Sold that with 150k because the box was rusty. THENNNN the **** started. I bought the '11. It was such a disappointment, I hated just about everything on that truck. The cylinder deactivation sucked, it lagged all the time, the 6 spd trans (GM's 6 speeds all suck IMO) never knew what gear it wanted to be in. I had to put a drive shaft in it at 65000 because somehow the pin that holds the ujoint in egg shaped and ruined it. The engine would just start ticking at low RPMs sometimes, and it had a lot of lifter noise at idle.

I guess my disappointment in the '11 has made me fly off the handle a little where my cars are concerned.

Also, the GMPP extended warranty i bought would've covered the shocks, but because I admited they had rust on them, they won't cover them.

Yes I would LOVE to report the dealer to the NYSDMV for the faulty shocks and the fact when they were looking at the shocks it was found it'll need rear brakes in about 5k.

·
Registered
24 Posts
t923347 said:
But there has to be a hole first as stated above.
There is a Rust-through warranty (6year/100K), and there is a Corrosion warranty (3yr/36K). I understand that Rust-through would be a hole. But is that the case with the Corrosion? I would believe Corrosion is that, any Corrosion.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts