GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had her less than two weeks. So far I've debadged, removed pin stripe, purchased a full set of weathertech mats, cargo net, and cargo cover (thanks wkweatonjr). In the future I plan to purchase the shark fin antenna, tint the drivers side and passenger side windows, and possibly make the front GMC logo black as others have done. Here are some pics!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks awesome! Looks just like mine :p well minus the chrome grill, mirror covers and door handles. Nice man!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NODES said:
You are going to love those Weathertech mats.

I have them throughout the whole car as well...
I love them already. As you can see by the drivers side mat they are doing their job quite well! We've had a lot of rain already and I'm ecstatic that I'm not ruining the stock carpet mats. Once again I have to thank wkeatonjr for the reference to the mats!

The only thing I don't like about the mats is the rear cargo mat has the piece that is supposed to cover the plastic cover when you pull the rear seat forward. When you slide the seat back, it pushes the the full mat backwards. If the hatch is open it slides over the hatch latch. If it's closed it puckers the mat in a way that it shouldn't. I'm tempted to cut that piece off! Are there any fixes for this other that cutting it off? Like maybe heating the seam for better flexibility?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wkeatonjr said:
Looks awesome! Looks just like mine :p well minus the chrome grill, mirror covers and door handles. Nice man!
Thanks! And minus the exact color! ;D CBM looks black with overcast skies lol. I've been looking at possibly purchasing the OEM chrome grill, but I haven't decided if I want that much chrome on the front, especially for the over $200 price tag. lol Do you have a pic of it on yours?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice, thanks for sharing the pics. I have a full set of Weathertech's as well. Have been fantastic this winter.

·
Registered
241 Posts
slim8132 said:
Thanks! And minus the exact color! ;D CBM looks black with overcast skies lol. I've been looking at possibly purchasing the OEM chrome grill, but I haven't decided if I want that much chrome on the front, especially for the over $200 price tag. lol Do you have a pic of it on yours?
I do!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Walt
Looks outstanding, Nice ride.
Don

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don 1948 said:
Walt
Looks outstanding, Nice ride.
Don
I concur! Looks like I'm adding the OEM grill to my list! Thanks again Walt!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
slim8132 said:
I've had her less than two weeks. So far I've debadged, removed pin stripe,
K, I'm going to ask a crazy question, as I have read this elsewhere on the Forum - what pin strip are you refering to?
I've had both exterior colors of white and black, and not had a pin strip on either.
[/color]

·
Registered
673 Posts
Jenniebeeb said:
Your Terrain looks great Slim! :thumb:

I do have a question about your WeatherTech Cargo Mat - I'm in the market for a Cargo mat since the Terrain didn't seem to come with one. I've seen a couple pictures, and I'm curious what you think about the fit? I see you mentioned the issue with the little flexible part, and pushing it back when you move the seat...Do you like everything about it otherwise?

Would love to hear your thoughts on it, I am trying to decide if I should get one or if I should look for something else :)
it does tend to move around on you from front to back....not really stuck there in place like the front or middle mats do, but other then that it is quite good.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jenniebeeb said:
I'm curious if the very back end of it - is it flipped up a bit , or is it flush to the back there? I hope I'm making sense ???
It flips up when the rear seats are pushed back. It lays flat when they are pulled forward. You can also cut that flap off. I didn't cut mine off but I did cut down about an inch on the lip where it flips up on each side to allow it to "flip" easier when I adjust my rear seats. I'm pleased with the weather tech cargo mat myself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
POLRCUB said:
K, I'm going to ask a crazy question, as I have read this elsewhere on the Forum - what pin strip are you refering to?
I've had both exterior colors of white and black, and not had a pin strip on either.
[/color]
There was a lateral pin stripe from the front lights to the rear lights a about 2" down from the window sill. The pics I have from when I first picked it up are too small to see as I used my phone, but it was gunmetal in color and actually had a small GMC logo near the rear tail lights. I never noticed it when shopping for this car and kinda figured it came on the 'premium colors' rather than all of them. Either that or the dealer puts it on. I didn't even see my car before the day I picked it up because I wanted the carbon black metallic and they had to get it on trade from another dealer. I've been to the dealer twice since I picked it up and none of the Terrain's on the lot have the pin stripe. You got me!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jenniebeeb said:
Your Terrain looks great Slim! :thumb:

I do have a question about your WeatherTech Cargo Mat - I'm in the market for a Cargo mat since the Terrain didn't seem to come with one. I've seen a couple pictures, and I'm curious what you think about the fit? I see you mentioned the issue with the little flexible part, and pushing it back when you move the seat...Do you like everything about it otherwise?

Would love to hear your thoughts on it, I am trying to decide if I should get one or if I should look for something else :)
Go with the Weather Tech Digital Design mats. They are sculpted to fit the area they are supposed to cover and have a 'lip' that raises above the floor to protect the plastic and to keep spills on the mat rather than seeping over the edge and onto the carpet which it was supposed to save!

My mats are quite new and due to packaging for shipping need to settle down a bit. But yes there is a lip at the rear (where the hatch is). It's small, but once again needed to keep liquids on the mat rather than seeping over the edge. Other than the piece I'm going to modify or cut off, it fits perfectly and I'm sure it will do it's job!

I hope that helps. Go to www.weathertech.com and read about them!

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
slim8132 said:
There was a lateral pin stripe from the front lights to the rear lights a about 2" down from the window sill. The pics I have from when I first picked it up are too small to see as I used my phone, but it was gunmetal in color and actually had a small GMC logo near the rear tail lights. I never noticed it when shopping for this car and kinda figured it came on the 'premium colors' rather than all of them. Either that or the dealer puts it on. I didn't even see my car before the day I picked it up because I wanted the carbon black metallic and they had to get it on trade from another dealer. I've been to the dealer twice since I picked it up and none of the Terrain's on the lot have the pin stripe. You got me!
Vinyl-type pinstripes are put on by dealers contracting with a local aftermarket Cos. They are usually mobile..and apply the stripes on the lot. Some of these guys are quick and very good at what they do..striping many cars in a fairly short period of time. Chevy bowties..or GMC lettering is a popular addition now incorporated into the stripe...for those who like pinstripes. Some dealers stripe most all their cars on the lot..others don't...but often do get them in with a dealer trade.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
IceMan said:
Vinyl-type pinstripes are put on by dealers contracting with a local aftermarket Cos. They are usually mobile..and apply the stripes on the lot. Some of these guys are quick and very good at what they do..striping many cars in a fairly short period of time. Chevy bowties..or GMC lettering is a popular addition now incorporated into the stripe...for those who like pinstripes. Some dealers stripe most all their cars on the lot..others don't...but often do get them in with a dealer trade.
Ahh gotcha,, those mobile detail shops I have seen here as well, I heard my sales guy talk about them doing the vehicles they have taken in trade and do the paint touch ups as well.

Thanks to you as well, slim8132 :)[/color]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts