GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I take the Terrain for a spin today and attempt to Mute the volume from the Infotainment panel, no luck, it prompts me for a number to dial but doesn't mute the speakers LOL!
Muting from the steering wheel is not a problem.
This is with the NAV system touch screen display, not a big deal, just wondering if there's a way for passengers to mute the speakers, that's all.
Of course, they can turn the volume down, that's a given.
;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
gearhead said:
OK, so I take the Terrain for a spin today and attempt to Mute the volume from the Infotainment panel, no luck, it prompts me for a number to dial but doesn't mute the speakers LOL!
Muting from the steering wheel is not a problem.
This is with the NAV system touch screen display, not a big deal, just wondering if there's a way for passengers to mute the speakers, that's all.
Of course, they can turn the volume down, that's a given.
;)
Try holding the button for ~ 2-3 seconds.

KJ

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
noncon said:
Try holding the button for ~ 2-3 seconds.

KJ
That I will do.
Thanks noncon!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SnowItch said:
Thanks noncon,

It works (tried it this A.M.). You have to press and hold it again (or turn the volume knob) to un-mute. Only for vehicles with OnStar. Doesn't work like the one on the steering wheel, because the one on the steering wheel is toggle, while the one on the console is simply on/off.

Its on Page 6-7 of the Nox Manual.
Wife tried it this a.m.
Press and release the one on the console and it prompts you to make a call but doesn't mute the music.
Press and hold for a couple seconds and it mutes the music.
Press and hold to hear the music again.
Pretty much exactly as you said SnowItch.
Thanks all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts