GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've mentioned this before in other topics about accessories but thought to start a new topic in case other owners could use something like this.
proclip USA proclipusa. com sells these "vehicle specific" & "device specific" mounting brackets that don't require any glue, double side tape or screws to mount your various devices in various positions on your dash. They just simply wedge/hook in between the trim seems in your vehicle.

I just got my NOX last night and installed the bracket I ordered a few weeks back. Took me literally 20 seconds to install. They have brackets for hundreds of vehicles and adapters for thousands of devices like your JPS, Phone, Ipod ect... This is the bracket for the center console nox and the adapter is for the Garmin Nuvi255. I think though I'm going to change the apapter part and get on specific for my blackberry 9700 instead.

Close up pics to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Do you get good reception down there? I tried putting my Garmin in the centre cubby hole but couldn't get a signal.

I use a mat mount and lay it on the dash, but this mount looks intriguing. I may give it a try!

·
Registered
830 Posts
My garmin works like a charm in the storage spot... did you tried another model ?

·
Registered
635 Posts
We have a TomTom too. My wife has that in the Vue. I have lifetime maps on the Garmin and I like it better(and she likes the TT better) Maybe I will give it a try.

***Update*** tried the TomTom one XL in the centre cubby hole. Would not work, could not acquire signal. Signal angle at our northern latitude maybe?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GPS Reception in that location on the bracket...and when I stuff it in the cubby is perfect. Mine is the Garmin Nuvi260. If you have reception problems then it has to be your brand of GPS.

·
Registered
635 Posts
mmarges said:
GPS Reception in that location on the bracket...and when I stuff it in the cubby is perfect. Mine is the Garmin Nuvi260. If you have reception problems then it has to be your brand of GPS.
Garmin Nuvi 660 didn't work, neither did a TomTom OneXL.

·
Registered
441 Posts
mounting a gps that low isnt too safe....taking your eyes off the road....looks nice though....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've purchased the adapter for my BlackBerrry 9700 which I plan to mount to the side console bracket instead. I'll then stick the GPS with double sided velcro tape just below and flush with the CD door at the center cubby. This way the GPS is a little higher that shifter isn't inthe way and also it's high enough so you still have access in to the cubby.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use Proclips in my 'Nox too (and have for previous phones and cars for a number of years) - there's a mount that goes just to the left of the steering wheel/instrument cluster that's a perfect position for a GPS. They are the cleanest and best option out there IMHO.

·
Registered
91 Posts
mmarges said:
All set up now.
I've tried this before on another vehicle, and the velcro always ends up getting baked by the sun and losing its grip. Works for a while, but then it leaves a big mess that's a pain to clean up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine has only been on for a few weeks and it is colder now. However; I did use the good velcro with 3M tape backing, the location of this is somewhat out of direct sunlight and also the plastic here has no grain pattern and is absoutley smooth. That strip it stuck on tight and feels as though it would be a hell of a job to tear loose but only time will tell once it gets super hot out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts