GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The startup rattle comes to mind for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Re: Re: Most dependable Compact Crossover/SUV

I think the direct injection engine has a lot to do with that. I thoght my car was diesdl at first :)


Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
tsduke said:
With all the complaints on this site the Equinox was still rated most dependable. They used an old picture. lol

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/is-your-car-dependable?page=0
They used an old picture because that study rated the 2009 models if you were to read the article.

Reliability is gauged by looking at the number of problems reported by owners of 3-year-old cars — in this instance, 2009 models — to see how they're faring after a few years of wear and tear. It seems that even though 2009 was a tough year for automakers because of the recession, quality did not suffer. Here are the most dependable cars on our roads
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
I have a 2.4 2010 and had 2 minor problems that were not mechanical. Paint defect and a squeak. I do however have problems with GM, the lone GM dealer in my county and prior GMAC. This will be my last GM vehilce. We are looking for a Mid Size car and the Kia Optima, Hyundai Sonata and Toyota Camary are the choices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
I consider "reliability" to be not stranding me on the side of the road..or anywhere else. On that note I think any number of newer vehicles could qualify, and my 2010 Nox certainly does. I remember as a kid in the early 80's...as well as adulthood in the 90's, the sides of highways were practically littered with overheated, vapor locked, trashed tranny cars during the summer (in Texas) and I hardly ever see that anymore.

The only issue I've had with my Nox since picking it up was a popped bolt in the drivers seat lumbar support...that means it gets an A for reliability with me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
ls973800 said:
They used an old picture because that study rated the 2009 models if you were to read the article.

Reliability is gauged by looking at the number of problems reported by owners of 3-year-old cars — in this instance, 2009 models — to see how they're faring after a few years of wear and tear. It seems that even though 2009 was a tough year for automakers because of the recession, quality did not suffer. Here are the most dependable cars on our roads
I saw the article when it originally ran yesterday....and on the header (MSN home page) they used a pic of the current model, and then the 2009 Sport model within the article itself. Kinda misleading to people just skimming the article..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Reliability of the 2011 sucks!!!!! :banghead: Can't wait for the new rankings :) LOL :thumbdown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
RNOX said:
I have a 2.4 2010 and had 2 minor problems that were not mechanical. Paint defect and a squeak. I do however have problems with GM, the lone GM dealer in my county and prior GMAC. This will be my last GM vehilce. We are looking for a Mid Size car and the Kia Optima, Hyundai Sonata and Toyota Camary are the choices.
I would like to look into your concerns for you. Please feel free to contact me privately to provide more feedback. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
NoobNox said:
I consider "reliability" to be not stranding me on the side of the road..or anywhere else. On that note I think any number of newer vehicles could qualify, and my 2010 Nox certainly does. I remember as a kid in the early 80's...as well as adulthood in the 90's, the sides of highways were practically littered with overheated, vapor locked, trashed tranny cars during the summer (in Texas) and I hardly ever see that anymore.

The only issue I've had with my Nox since picking it up was a popped bolt in the drivers seat lumbar support...that means it gets an A for reliability with me.
Actually I did end up on the side of the road, and I have my 2010 EQ to thank for it. I was T boned in an intersection, and the EQ flipped over. I crawled out of the door with just a scratch. So when my friend complained about the thick A pillars and bad sight lines, I just say that those thick pillars saved my neck. Now I have a 2012, and I feel very safe and reliable in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
RNOX said:
I have a 2.4 2010 and had 2 minor problems that were not mechanical. Paint defect and a squeak. I do however have problems with GM, the lone GM dealer in my county and prior GMAC. This will be my last GM vehilce. We are looking for a Mid Size car and the Kia Optima, Hyundai Sonata and Toyota Camary are the choices.
You will be doing yourself a great disservice by not checking out the 2013 Mailbu. I have compared it head to head to all of the vehicles you are considering and it beats them all, hands down. What is the issue with the dealer? Dealers in SE Michigan will pick up and bring cars to you - from other counties. When I was shopping for my 'Nox, a dealer in Traverse City (250 miles away) was going to drive the car down to me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
931 Posts
tcbracing said:
You will be doing yourself a great disservice by not checking out the 2013 Mailbu. I have compared it head to head to all of the vehicles you are considering and it beats them all, hands down. What is the issue with the dealer? Dealers in SE Michigan will pick up and bring cars to you - from other counties. When I was shopping for my 'Nox, a dealer in Traverse City (250 miles away) was going to drive the car down to me.
I have driven several 2013 Chevy Malibu's over the past few weeks. The new design is quite an improvement. Right now they are all E-assist 2.4's. The new 2.5 is coming online soon..with the 2.0 turbo later. However..I am very satisfied with my new 2012 2.0 Turbo Buick Regal in comparison. As far as the Malibu is concerned..in my view..I would wait on the 2.5 or turbo engine. The optima and Sonata do have some nice features as well,tho.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top