GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest blackout. I have nice black paint and i hate chrome. so i did some plasti-dipping.

here are 4 pix.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
AMG Eric said:
My latest blackout. I have nice black paint and i hate chrome. so i did some plasti-dipping.

here are 4 pix.
You missed the fog light bezels.... JMO I don't like it. Still has the contrasting color of nice shiny black paint and dull ass plastic...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fourmoremarine said:
You missed the fog light bezels.... JMO I don't like it. Still has the contrasting color of nice shiny black paint and dull ass plastic...
fog light bezel the chrome behind the bowtie and the chrome in the lights are what is left along with around the windows. i am slowly doing it. i am going to do all the gray lowers over the weekend.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
AMG Eric said:
fog light bezel the chrome behind the bowtie and the chrome in the lights are what is left along with around the windows. i am slowly doing it. i am going to do all the gray lowers over the weekend.
Why would you cover up the rear reflectors for the sake of "looking cool" ? Why not also do the head and tail lights ?

:banghead:

·
Registered
483 Posts
RIT333 said:
Why would you cover up the rear reflectors for the sake of "looking cool" ? Why not also do the head and tail lights ?

:banghead:
I agree. :crazy: may as well do the windshield and side glass too. Glass is pretty shiney.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why would you want 2 lame reflectors in your bumper when you have perfectly working TAIL LIGHTS? btw to each his own.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
AMG Eric said:
why would you want 2 lame reflectors in your bumper when you have perfectly working TAIL LIGHTS? btw to each his own.
Personally, I don't leave my taillights on 24x7, so if I am parked along side the road, I like to have idiot driver see my car, instead of running into it. Maybe it is just me ! There may also be reflectors built into the taillights, but tonight (New Year's Eve) an extra reflector or two may be worth it !

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RIT333 said:
Personally, I don't leave my taillights on 24x7, so if I am parked along side the road, I like to have idiot driver see my car, instead of running into it. Maybe it is just me ! There may also be reflectors built into the taillights, but tonight (New Year's Eve) an extra reflector or two may be worth it !
i can see your point but i don't live in the backwoods. ;D i park in the garage or my driveway or a p-lot. i once saw a cow on a postcard. :thumb:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NODES said:
where did you get your plasti-dip and cost?
the home depot $6.97

·
Registered
194 Posts
AMG Eric said:
the home depot $6.97
My wife ad I own a Ace Hardware and we carry it. It's a staple in most locally owned hardware stores.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I also like the all black look, so I'm gonna give op :thumb:
And to think the wife was actually trying to convince me to buy a white truck, lol. My defence has always been Batman, and the Bat-mobile ;D

Happy New Year!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
RIT333 said:
There are no reflectors in the taillights that's why there are separate reflectors. It's a federal mandate for the exact reason you mentioned on all vehicles. Same with the side marker lights. Its a safety item. But like the OP said, to each their own.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this observation might be funny to some and unfair to others. i have noticed that the people most likely to dislike my mods and raise safety concerns "issue" are usually the people that own LTZ's with a high chrome content and are over 60. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have the chrome package on my Black Granite LT. I'm not even 40 yet!

·
Registered
673 Posts
AMG Eric said:
the home depot $6.97

too funny.... I went to HD and ask 4 sale associates and they had no clue what I was talking about, i even looked in all the obvious places in the store but could not find it.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
NODES said:
too funny.... I went to HD and ask 4 sale associates and they had no clue what I was talking about, i even looked in all the obvious places in the store but could not find it.
On a daily basis the home depot sends me customers for items I know te have.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its in the spray paint area. there are cans that you can dip your tools into and right next to it should be the plasti-dip spray. if not i know a site on the net that offers it at $5.50 + shipping and you can get it in diff colors including clear.

http://dipyourcar.com/

·
Registered
249 Posts
Went back to your first post, and while I envy the California plate since is so freaking cold where I am, it looks to me as if your truck doesn't have the factory dark tint that comes with the 2LT trim. Was that not standard for the 2010 2LT models?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts