GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a the dealership and struck a conversation with the salesman about MyLink and how I could get it to work on my 2012 2LT (I know it can't be done) but I wanted to see what he would say. He came back five minutes later with sheet explaining how to set up the Onstar link. I said no I'm talking about MyLink with Pandora. Five more minutes pass and and salesman number two shows to explain to me that I since I have navigation your SOL. He then gave me a 22 page document titled "Introducing Chevrolet MyLink touch Radio, and the Color Touch Radio Family". I was pretty interesting.

I have it in PDF but it is too large to post (2MB). Maybe the admin could post it for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Yeah! Would like to see that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Dawgdaes.....your going to be a busy man!..(emailing that out)...thanks again!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
If you send me the file ill host it on my personal web server and post link so everyone can download it that wants it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
I think its all just a simple software update....but seperate 'radios' makes more money. JMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase. You have alot of catching up to do! I will give you the brief synopsis on the radio. You will feel as if GM mislead you and a little disappointed to find out their is no update for the radio. You will never be able to stream audio via bluetooth (ie pandora). GM has dropped the ball on this rollout and will not admit their wrong doing to thei customers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
yes, and I should have made my post more clear...I THINK...it COULD be a simple firmware/software upgrade for the color touch radio..but it isnt..

If you have the ColorTouch Radio..which all the current 2012's have..then thats what you get..you dont get the Mylink or Intellilink that GM has been advertising since early 2011..that is a completely different radio. That radio is now being put out on the mid production 2012's, but only the fully loaded models first..later on it will be available on other models..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
wrusprod said:
yes, and I should have made my post more clear...I THINK...it COULD be a simple firmware/software upgrade for the color touch radio..but it isnt..

If you have the ColorTouch Radio..which all the current 2012's have..then thats what you get..you dont get the Mylink or Intellilink that GM has been advertising since early 2011..that is a completely different radio. That radio is now being put out on the mid production 2012's, but only the fully loaded models first..later on it will be available on other models..
yes, this is very disappointing- we were mislead by GM. however, thanks to this forum i was able to find most of these things out ahead of time. we weren't willing to wait and didnt want to go any higher than the 1LT model anyway.... i have a phone mount and can basically do the same and more by plugging phone into aux. the cost of buying a more expensive more than offsets the inconvenience of mounting my phone and plugging it in every time.

i do believe most of these features could be added to the 1LT radio with a firmware update.... by what is GM's motivation for providing one? they don't care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
fun4stuff said:
i do believe most of these features could be added to the 1LT radio with a firmware update.... by what is GM's motivation for providing one? they don't care.
They should do it when they fix half the bugs in the current one. The USB interface is by far lacking. My dealer said they would keep a track on a software update for me as right now my issues are..

1) It only shows I have 2002 songs instead of 5056.
2) When selecting next for next song it does nothing for 10 seconds and then starts the next song 8 seconds into it.
3) Starting the car with the ipod still connected it automatically plays it even if I was on say AM or XM, but not 100%, maybe only 20% of the time
4) Starting the car with it still plugged in on say a previous play all artist on shuffle, it will divert to ONLY playing that Artist and the Album that was las selected. If the artist has 10 albums and I selected all albums, it will only play the one album on shuffle.


There's a few bugs with the phone interface as well. Sometimes it will ask me to confirm calling and sometimes it won't. And I say the same thing every time.

Like all software there is bugs, but hopefully GM provides some update for them. I think when rolling out the new radio they could fix many of the bugs and just change a small section of the firmware to deactivate if that radio model isn't selected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
They should do it when they fix half the bugs in the current one. The USB interface is by far lacking. My dealer said they would keep a track on a software update for me as right now my issues are..

1) It only shows I have 2002 songs instead of 5056.
2) When selecting next for next song it does nothing for 10 seconds and then starts the next song 8 seconds into it.
3) Starting the car with the ipod still connected it automatically plays it even if I was on say AM or XM, but not 100%, maybe only 20% of the time
4) Starting the car with it still plugged in on say a previous play all artist on shuffle, it will divert to ONLY playing that Artist and the Album that was las selected. If the artist has 10 albums and I selected all albums, it will only play the one album on shuffle.


There's a few bugs with the phone interface as well. Sometimes it will ask me to confirm calling and sometimes it won't. And I say the same thing every time.

Like all software there is bugs, but hopefully GM provides some update for them. I think when rolling out the new radio they could fix many of the bugs and just change a small section of the firmware to deactivate if that radio model isn't selected.
I am glad I am not the only one. I have a 2012 SLT-1 and it has the worst USB interface I have ever seen. Only about 10% of the time will it play correctly from where i am at or what i am playing on my iPhone 4s. Most of the time it will load the screen of the song or audiobook, show where i am at but never start playing. None of the controls will make it play at this point. Othertimes it will pull this screen up and freeze even if I unplug my phone it will still think the device is plugged in. AND the RARE time it does work is only when it disregards my current spot or song altogether and begins playing the first song on my iPhone. I then have to browse to the song i was on or playing, which doesn't work if you are listening to an Audiobook.

I have a 2011 Camaro SS and its USB works flawlessly, so I know GM knows how to do it. But I am so frustrated with my radio I could spit. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know as I have already updated all my firmware on my devices and rebooted them all to no avail, the USB still is horrible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
fun4stuff said:
where do you get the latest firmware file?
I think he means his phones..
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top