GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or does it seem like there are more complaints on Terrains compared to Equinox? All my searches and Even on this forum, I'm not finding many complaints on 'noxs. Why would that be? I'm not trying to start a fight over which is better, just wondering why it seems there is such a difference in the two.

You guys are starting to scare me about the Terrains! :) I drove one and while flipping a "U", the engine turned off, TWICE! I don't know if I accidently hit something on the fob, or what. But it's certainly making me think twice. I'm getting frustrated! These are the only crossovers I like (actually dreaming of an Enclave!), but I don't really need anything that big. But I'm not overly impressed with the 4 cyl. or the way the gearing is set up. It just bugs the way it seems to shift. Not that I'm a car expert, but it's definitely noticeable to me.

I just feel like the Terrain and 'Nox are my only choices, and since I only seem to get a new vehicle every 10 years, I don't want a lemon.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I don't think that Terrain's are more affected than Nox... They are the same car with a different body style.

Same engines... same electronics... same transmissions... Maybe it's just that there are more Terrains owners on the forum ?!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, now that I did another search, now I find quite a few complaints! I guess I lied.

So most of what I see is this: everyone gives these two high ratings, but at the same time, has complaints about quite a few things. Is this a case of just a concentrated number of people with isolated problems on the same forum or does every single vehicle have these problems?

·
Registered
441 Posts
if you have a problem, people go online to find a reason, or a place to complain....no issues, means no one is coming online looking for help....forums are always home to more people with problems, then people without

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
A lot of the dislikes are just minor things. I love my Terrain. No matter what car you buy...it could be a lemon. Even Maserattis have problems.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
This forum is no different than many other car forums.
Several new owners will post problems..which may only actually be five or six members in total....but this can lead others to believe that the majority of owners are experiencing these same problems. Those happy with their vehicles only post of what a fine vehicle this is...but rarely go into detail about how they are 'not' having problems. Then there are those that seem anal about practically everything and anything. Most things should be different...better...and changed.
These CUVs do get high marks and outstanding evaluations in most pro and personal reviews on the internet and other places.
In our case...we've had our 4 cyl Equinox for several weeks..and couldn't be more pleased. For us it is a quiet..smooth..comfortable...relaxing...well appointed ride. We have had no problems with it of any kind. Our tranny seems to shift smoothly..although we haven't driven through mountainous terrain as yet. Only two small gripes: Doors are large and heavy..and not always so easy to hold open..or find the hinged spot to stay opened...Gas miliage on recent trip averaged at 25.8 mpg(highway) starting out with 450 miles on the clock..which should improve after a few thousand miles of break-in.
I'm used to driving a sportscar..and Harley..and consider myself pretty attuned to the driving experience. For me..this CUV is a pleasure to drive...for what it is. Compared to most others..or as far as I'm concerned ..all others in this class..it just doesn't get any better(all around). We test drove many different CUVs...and took the time to research for months before ordering the Equinox. We also discussed with Dealer service manager (friend) any problems with the 2010..and what had been improved or fixed over the months. He informed us that they had had few problems with the Equinox at their dealership. That was good enough for us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. That definitely makes me feel better. I guess it is true that you don't usually hear from anyone unless there's a problem.

Truly, these two are the only vehicles in their class I would consider. Unless I could afford the Cadillac...not gonna happen! So I'd be very disappointed to find out they were all duds!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had my Terrain for about two months. V6, AWD. Very comfortable to drive. We took a 1,500 mile trip to beach in NC. Seats feel good, and we did not feel as tired after several hours of driving, riding. No complaints. People with no problems, usually don't post. This is true on other forums I have been on.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
OK, my "complaints" :

The antenna is 1" too tall - it hits my garage door, when backing out of the garage.

The gasoline filler neck "should" be on the driver's side - like every other car that I have owned - keep forgetting to pull into the pumps from the other direction.

The DIC calculation of average gas mileage id always to high by 1 to 1.5 MPG.

The horn is hard to give a short beep.

Otherwise, EVERYTHING ELSE is PERFECT !

So, I have NO major complaints.

·
Registered
830 Posts
For you antenna problem, you can solve that by using a shark fin style antenna found at : http://www.visualgarage.com/Product_Overview.html

The DIC is always an estimation...

The filler neck, you will get used to it. I am now ! :)

No problem with the Horn here...

RIT333 said:
OK, my "complaints" :

The antenna is 1" too tall - it hits my garage door, when backing out of the garage.

The gasoline filler neck "should" be on the driver's side - like every other car that I have owned - keep forgetting to pull into the pumps from the other direction.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
superchick said:
Okay, now that I did another search, now I find quite a few complaints! I guess I lied.

So most of what I see is this: everyone gives these two high ratings, but at the same time, has complaints about quite a few things. Is this a case of just a concentrated number of people with isolated problems on the same forum or does every single vehicle have these problems?
Pick a car/truck/suv.....any car/truck/suv domestic or import, and then search for online forums for whatever you chose. If you dig around long enough you'll scare yourself away from owning anything! :D My point is that people are active on online car forums for two reasons...they are either proud owners and can't stop talking about their baby, or they have issues and are looking for a place to air them out. As others have pointed out, the Nox and Terrain are identical under the skin so one won't be more reliable than the other. What we have here is a case of the Nox being around longer (original came out in 05) so there are other online forums other than this one....the Terrain is a new model for 2010 and this forum was one of the first that included GMC.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
RIT333 said:
OK, my "complaints" :

Maybe your garage door was installed wrong
look at your fuel gage it tells you what side the filler door is
horn is for warning other drivers not to beep goodbye when you just left someones house

·
Registered
468 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
horn is for warning other drivers not to beep goodbye when you just left someones house
its not? i thought thats what they were for and your fist and middle finger was to warn other drivers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts