GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody notice that on the 2011 Terrain, there is no storage above the NAV screen?

·
Registered
297 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
Did anybody notice that on the 2011 Terrain, there is no storage above the NAV screen?
There's no storage compartment above the Navigation screen on the 2010's either.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look on page 4-1 of the owners manual, it shows a storage compartment. "Instrument Panel Storage", pull the handle to open. And I have seen this compartment on other Terrains.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
If you look on page 4-1 of the owners manual, it shows a storage compartment. "Instrument Panel Storage", pull the handle to open. And I have seen this compartment on other Terrains.
That storage compartment is only available without Nav.
We don't have the larger navigation screen on our LTZ..but do have the storage above the radio.

·
Registered
378 Posts
This was second reason why I didn't get the NAV after the fact that $2000 is just to excessive; that storage location is perfect for sunglasses and camera and I would have hated to not have it.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
georgi55 said:
This was second reason why I didn't get the NAV after the fact that $2000 is just to excessive; that storage location is perfect for sunglasses and camera and I would have hated to not have it.
EZ_PASS transmitter fits in there just fine also

·
Registered
378 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
EZ_PASS transmitter fits in there just fine also
Mine is attached right behind the rear view mirror, can't be seen from drivers side that way :)

G

·
In Canada the Nav system is a $3345 upgrade....and we also pay an additional 13% HST sales tax on top.
Garmin GPS - $180
Double side velcro tape - $3.50

Avoiding the GM ridiculously over priced Nav - $3596.35 net savings.

Having your GPS and storage compartment too - PRICELESS ;D
See my attached pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
mmarges said:
In Canada the Nav system is a $3345 upgrade....and we also pay an additional 13% HST sales tax on top.
Garmin GPS - $180
Double side velcro tape - $3.50

Avoiding the GM ridiculously over priced Nav - $3596.35 net savings.

Having your GPS and storage compartment too - PRICELESS ;D
See my attached pics
But, your not impressing your neighbors

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're not keeping up with the Jones's.

G

·
Agreed...but impressing the neighbors and keeping up with the Jones's is how the American people bankrupted themselves and their country and dragged all their smart citizens down with them!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting.

G

·
wbassnp007 said:
Interesting.
Interesting?...what? are you one of those citizens still in denial?

My comment wasn't literal but if you were looking at a balance sheet of some ABC public company that was similar to the US's balance sheet...you'd be a fool to invest in that company. So yes, in a sense....on paper...you're bankrupt. But of course this could never happen...the US is too big to fail...and you'd just start those printing presses back up or find some other crafty way to keep that giant pyramid scheme going.

Sucks when your own personal money trees in the backyard stop bearing fruit.

Just IMO

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does the GPS unit work OK in that position?

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Snowgov said:
Does the GPS unit work OK in that position?
Both of my GPSs do.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mmarges said:
Interesting?...what? are you one of those citizens still in denial?

My comment wasn't literal but if you were looking at a balance sheet of some ABC public company that was similar to the US's balance sheet...you'd be a fool to invest in that company. So yes, in a sense....on paper...you're bankrupt. But of course this could never happen...the US is too big to fail...and you'd just start those printing presses back up or find some other crafty way to keep that giant pyramid scheme going.

Sucks when your own personal money trees in the backyard stop bearing fruit.

Just IMO
I concur.

·
Registered
297 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
But, your not impressing your neighbors
Ain't that the truth! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used the velcro idea to mount my Magelland GPS unit the same way. It works great and looks good too. I appreciate the posting....Thanks! :D

G

·
wbassnp007 said:
I concur.
I was surprised when your profile said lacation - Florida.
I know I've ticked off a lot of people in the south from some of my other posts of opinion but It's nice to see I have some support on this topic.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts