GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, on our 2005 equinox we just got, it looks like there are 2 bolts missing next to the oil dipstick. You can see two threaded holes, one on the left and the other on the right next to the dipstick. Anyone know what these are for? Looks like something was held down there but I have no idea what. I'll try to attach a pic if it works. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have a 2010 so totally different engine...but it sure looks to me like there should be bolts in those holes. Maybe the previous owner had some engine work done and not everything was put back the right way? If you know someone else with a 2005-2009 (should be the same engine) I would ask them to pop their hood and check it out..

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
jas2005 said:
Hello, on our 2005 equinox we just got, it looks like there are 2 bolts missing next to the oil dipstick. You can see two threaded holes, one on the left and the other on the right next to the dipstick. Anyone know what these are for? Looks like something was held down there but I have no idea what. I'll try to attach a pic if it works. Thanks!
is there the same holes on other side of engine? could be so mfg could put eyebolts in there to move engine into vehicle

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
jas2005 said:
Go to your local libary and check out a Chilton Manual and it should show what goes there if anything
I know, my spelling sucks

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I think Kryton just answered the question. I don't know how critical those bolts are, but obviously something is supposed to be there...I would go to a dealership and see if they have the bolts or can get them for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts