GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed there is a lot of bad info in the terrain brochure, the owners manual, and even on the build your own website?

I first noticed this when I took delivery of my SLE-2 a couple days ago. I already knew I really didn't have a windshield washer fluid low level light but I was surprised to see a couple significant deviations between what the propaganda says and what was delivered.

The first thing I noticed was the tires were 235/55R18 and not the 235/60R18 shown on the build your GMC website.

The other thing I noticed was the lack of a ball mount, retainer pin, and clip for the trailer hitch...all of which are included with the hitch trailering package according to the brochure. According to the dealer he's never seen any terrain come with those items but in the interest of customer service he agreed to honor the brochure and get those items for me at no cost.

Anyone else noticed these or other items and what did your dealer do for you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Tex said:
Has anyone else noticed there is a lot of bad info in the terrain brochure, the owners manual, and even on the build your own website?

I first noticed this when I took delivery of my SLE-2 a couple days ago. I already knew I really didn't have a windshield washer fluid low level light but I was surprised to see a couple significant deviations between what the propaganda says and what was delivered.

The first thing I noticed was the tires were 235/55R18 and not the 235/60R18 shown on the build your GMC website.

The other thing I noticed was the lack of a ball mount, retainer pin, and clip for the trailer hitch...all of which are included with the hitch trailering package according to the brochure. According to the dealer he's never seen any terrain come with those items but in the interest of customer service he agreed to honor the brochure and get those items for me at no cost.

Anyone else noticed these or other items and what did your dealer do for you?
US and Canadian version does'nt have same tire size... does'nt know why... Maybe you got the canadian tires or it is a last minute change...

And normally the ball mount doenst come with the trailer package.
Copy from the gmc.com website :
Trailering equipment, 1500 lb, includes trailer hitch platform, 7-wire harness, CHMSL wire, and heavy duty flasher
Copy from the gmc.gm.ca website :
Trailer Towing Package – includes 4-pin harness connector and trailer hitch receiver

I've read the canadian brochure and it says the same thing. I've found what you're talking about on the us brochure... They don't say the same thing in the website and on the brochure... not a big deal tough... worth about 20$...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SuperMat64 said:
not a big deal tough... worth about 20$...
I beg to differ. At best it's a little dishonest and bordering on false advertising.

I'm sure most of us who spend almost 30k on something want to get EXACTLY what is offered by the brochure...and I urge anyone who got the trailer hitch and didn't get the whole package contact their dealer and complain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
A former member "SnowItch" who has since left with all his posts, had compiled a list of manual inaccuracies. There are quite a few boo-boos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,529 Posts
If you look closely in most brochures, they usually have caveats that they reserve the right to make changes after the brochure is printed. However, if it on the window sticker, then I believe you have a valid arguement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
RIT333 said:
If you look closely in most brochures, they usually have caveats that they reserve the right to make changes after the brochure is printed. However, if it on the window sticker, then I believe you have a valid arguement.[/color]
I'd have to agree with that statement.
Brochures get printed by the thousands, websites aren't updated on a daily basis, there's bound to be discrepancies.
But info on a window sticker, which is generated and applied at the build facility, should be 100% correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
im still trying to figure out what the major difference is that allows a sunroof to be added to a SLE model in the US Terrain but not the Canadian Version. So odd given the fact that they are built in the same plant. Saw sunroof listed as an available option at SLE-2 trim level on a Canadian website for the Terrain before i placed my factory order. was quite disappointed when the dealer told me i couldn't get the sunroof unless i went up to an SLT2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,529 Posts
On the Vibe, certain models could not have a factory sunroof, becasue the added weight in the roof changed the Center of Gravity such that it would be more prone to roll-over. I know, seems odd, but that it was I read.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
Tex said:
I beg to differ. At best it's a little dishonest and bordering on false advertising.

I'm sure most of us who spend almost 30k on something want to get EXACTLY what is offered by the brochure...and I urge anyone who got the trailer hitch and didn't get the whole package contact their dealer and complain.
If the vehicle wasn't EXACTLY like you wanted, why did you take it????
You did look at the thing when it came in didn't you???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Now you know why they plaster * Model not exactly as shown * everywhere.

But I'm all for holding a dealer's or company's feet to the fire, though. If they say specifically that something is included in a model or trim, they better include it. Otherwise, to a certain extent, it is indeed false advertising.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Roesterman said:
A former member "SnowItch" who has since left with all his posts, had compiled a list of manual inaccuracies. There are quite a few boo-boos.
And I keep kicking myself for not recording all of them before I picked up my Nox. When I went back to read them, they were all gone.
Any way to contact SnowItch and beg him to provide it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
He was abducted by aliens or when he hit 1000 posts he spontaneously combusted. He will be missed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
fullcourt said:
And I keep kicking myself for not recording all of them before I picked up my Nox. When I went back to read them, they were all gone.
Any way to contact SnowItch and beg him to provide it?
One thing to try is to search "SnowItch".
Maybe someone "quoted" his post, therefore the info would remain in the other person's post, if you know what I mean.
Just a thought, and yes, as Rman has pointed out, Snow had compiled a nice list of things.
Hope he's doing good on K-Pax[/color], or wherever he went to...
8) ;D :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I got the trailer package and asked the dealer about the hitch. He said state of Louisiana restricted them coming with a new car. You have to purchase one separate and have it installed. Something about the liability of the dealer for the product being towed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fourmoremarine said:
If the vehicle wasn't EXACTLY like you wanted, why did you take it????
You did look at the thing when it came in didn't you???
Yes, I did look at it...that's how I noticed the tires were different, the trailer package was incomplete, and the splash guards didn't look like the ones in the brochure.

I took it for a couple reasons. I wanted it, I could live with the few items that weren't as described (tires and splash guards), the dealer was willing to make everything else right, and I got a pretty smoking deal on it that I doubt if I could ever negotiate again.

I realize that some of this may sound trivial but at what point does GM cross the line? Wrong tires, missing parts, solid color splash guards instead of GMC lettering in red as shown in the brochure...or does it take something like a picture of a Corvette but the car delivered is a Nova?

All I'm saying is if GM wants to continue to sell me cars they need to be a little more accurate with their advertising.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Tex said:
Yes, I did look at it...that's how I noticed the tires were different, the trailer package was incomplete, and the splash guards didn't look like the ones in the brochure.

I took it for a couple reasons. I wanted it, I could live with the few items that weren't as described (tires and splash guards), the dealer was willing to make everything else right, and I got a pretty smoking deal on it that I doubt if I could ever negotiate again.

I realize that some of this may sound trivial but at what point does GM cross the line? Wrong tires, missing parts, solid color splash guards instead of GMC lettering in red as shown in the brochure...or does it take something like a picture of a Corvette but the car delivered is a Nova?

All I'm saying is if GM wants to continue to sell me cars they need to be a little more accurate with their advertising.
I have the original GMC splashguard the the GMC logo is not red. Maybe they done that only for the logo to look nice on pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
The advertisement is handled by a separate company and they'll photoshop the hell of it... No different than Vogue, etc. magazines where the models look perfect... So probably was a dude behind a Mac touching up.
Of course GM should've QA'd those details but I suspect they have better things to do...
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top