GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the posts about things wrong with their new vehicles I've come to the conclusion that some have too much time on their hands to worry about some really minor problems.
Now my problem is really a problem..IE: I've noticed alot of scratches on the metal ring around the keyhole
I feel GM should harden this area to prevent these scratches.. On a 30,000 dollar vehicle these scratches are unsightly...
Before you all get off on a tanget,, this is written tongue in cheek....
Lighten up folks its a machine put together by humans things go wrong...

·
Registered
143 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
After reading all the posts about things wrong with their new vehicles I've come to the conclusion that some have too much time on their hands to worry about some really minor problems.
Now my problem is really a problem..IE: I've noticed alot of scratches on the metal ring around the keyhole
I feel GM should harden this area to prevent these scratches.. On a 30,000 dollar vehicle these scratches are unsightly...
:)....WHY are you using the key anyways???????

Quit scratching your keyhole, and use the unlock/lock features on your key fob..........

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mrmidnite2 said:

Quit scratching your keyhole, and use the unlock/lock features on your key fob..........

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
one has to start the vehicle so they can find out if it makes noise or the hazzard switch takes two seconds to flash

·
Registered
143 Posts
I thought you were referring to the OUTSIDE keyhole on the door.........NOT the ignition keyhole....silly me......... ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mrmidnite2 said:
I thought you were referring to the OUTSIDE keyhole on the door.........NOT the ignition keyhole....silly me......... ;D ;D ;D
ya in my frustration about the scratches I forgot to state where they were
You think the dealer will take back this vehicle and give me back my money because of these scratches?

·
Registered
143 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
You think the dealer will take back this vehicle and give me back my money because of these scratches?
Sure...trade the sucker...scratches and all........buy something with "push button ignition".....then you won't have to worry about keyhole scratches anymore......you think????

LOL
;D ;D :eek: :eek:

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
I think that they should not only give you your money back...but also pay you restitution for that fearful nervous twitch that has developed every time that you are now near a car key. You know..that right hand seizure that worsens and trembles out of control upon entering a dealership..or maybe a lawyer's office....

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Mt 2005 Trailblazer, 2008 Cobalt SS and now the Terrain all had-have this problem, I'm thinking about taking some sand paper to it so I do not see the scratches.
;D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
dishdude said:
I never have trouble finding the hole...
Indeed, just glue some fur around...

Oh never mind!
;D

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mrmidnite2 said:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I was saving the remote batteries for when I trade the vehicle in in 15years so as to retain their prestine shape I'm sure I'll get more for my sale with "fresh" batteries in a unused remote

·
Registered
468 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
one has to start the vehicle so they can find out if it makes noise or the hazzard switch takes two seconds to flash
why are you starting the car? trying to impress your neighbors huh?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cottonseed said:
why are you starting the car? trying to impress your neighbors huh?
I usually push it where I want to go . But I like having my tom tom hanging on the rearview mirror to impress the neighbors so they know I'll be able to deliver the pizza's to the right house

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Totally agree with you on this, as i hate to say it but i've noticed that i have the same problem as well. I should maybe take some left over 3m and try putting it on that spot to save the nicks ans scratches. Might help!! [/color]

·
Registered
114 Posts
OnxBear said:
Totally agree with you on this, as i hate to say it but i've noticed that i have the same problem as well. I should maybe take some left over 3m and try putting it on that spot to save the nicks ans scratches. Might help!! [/color]
Got an idea for these scratches. Its a product by ZAGG called 'invisibleShields'. Its a tough/clear protector you put on screens like ipods, cell phones and laptops. I have it on my Blackberry, Ipod Touch. Its clear, and scratch proof. I've taken a key to my Bberry screen, and nothing. Check out the link:

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/index.php

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mrmidnite2 said:
Sure...trade the sucker...scratches and all........buy something with "push button ignition".....then you won't have to worry about keyhole scratches anymore......you think????

LOL
;D ;D :eek: :eek:
But then I may get a vehicle that the start switch takes 2 seconds to engage...
I really can't believe people are concerned about these scratches.......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts