GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After one NJ-SC-FL round trip my Terrain only has two small paint pits. Not too bad. I never got around to installing the plastic film bra kit I purchased, so shame on me. I really think I would rather try a leather bra. Are they available for the Terrain yet?

However more disconcerting are the 1/2 dozen windshield pits I seemed to have acquired. They are tiny, but, at this rate the windshield will eventually be frosted! Will those plastic air foils you install along the front of the hood really help direct small stones (and insects) over the roof of the vehicle? Are they being sold for the Terrain yet?

·
Registered
635 Posts
tmozer said:
I really think I would rather try a leather bra.
Yes they are available....

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
LOLOLOL!!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Leather bras are one of the WORST things you can put on your car especially if you dont clean them often. Leave them off!

Just learn to stay farther back from vehicles. I had to teach my wife this lesson as she LOVED to ride on the rear bumper of other cars.

·
Registered
115 Posts
agreed. Leather bra totally ruined my Z28.

RE driving habits...I'm hoping that helps. I have slowed down and backed-off significantly since I got the NOX.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered the Covercraft Full Car Mask for the Terrain for $85 delivered. I do plan to keep both the vehicle and the mask clean.......

·
Registered
315 Posts
dm2010nox said:
I have slowed down and backed-off significantly since I got the NOX.
Thats because your engine strains @ acceleration speeds ;)

j/k'ing

·
Registered
115 Posts
tmozer said:
Just ordered the Covercraft Full Car Mask for the Terrain for $85 delivered. I do plan to keep both the vehicle and the mask clean.......
hey tmozer, could you provide a link to where you found this? I am interested in looking at it. The site that I found did not list 2010 terrain or NOX as available.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm in the group for not installing a bra(leather or otherwise). Seen more ruined paint jobs then I can count.

I'm lucky that I don't go anywhere where there is a lot of road debris, but if I did, I would go with a deflector and a couple of coats of good wax. I've never had a car that had much front chipping. Luck I guess.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bra/Mask for Terrain

The link is: www.autoanything.com/car-bras/61A2334A0A0A3263252.aspx

What do you believe might be the cause of ruined paint jobs? Dirt on the inside of the bra? Dirt on the paint when the bra is installed? Both??

I plan to only use the bra when traveling the interstates (I-75/I-95). I also plan to make sure the vehicle is clean and freshly waxed and that the inside of the bra is as clean and dust free as possible. Hopefully I can prevent any problems related to using the bra.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Re: Bra/Mask for Terrain

tmozer said:
The link is: www.autoanything.com/car-bras/61A2334A0A0A3263252.aspx

What do you believe might be the cause of ruined paint jobs? Dirt on the inside of the bra? Dirt on the paint when the bra is installed? Both??

I plan to only use the bra when traveling the interstates (I-75/I-95). I also plan to make sure the vehicle is clean and freshly waxed and that the inside of the bra is as clean and dust free as possible. Hopefully I can prevent any problems related to using the bra.
Because they are not designed as a "leave" on protector. You are suppose to wax before you install, then remove once your "trip" is over....but most people put them on for looks, which means they stay installed for extended times.

Dirt collects on the hood piece, it moves around (rubbing) while driving, both of which has a chance to dmg the paint...I would never use them again, Its the main reason I just pay for the clear bra's instead.....They stay in place (mostly invisible) and protect the paint from dmg......but you have to pay for it if you cannot install yourself (few installers are around)

Infact I just got the 3m paint protection film installed today

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Just all around dirt/dust collecting.... then it rains and it mixes together and you have rubbing compound. When I was in my Corvette club, the members that had a bra, kept them on all the time. They didn't keep taking it off and on. It stayed on until enough members told them the horror stories. Then the bras went on Google.
I'm not going to worry about a few nicks and dings here and there and just enjoy driving it.
If it gets too bad, I'll just have my body shop guy buff it out and re-clear coat it. Haven't had to do that to any of my cars yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts