GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking my '11 Terrain to the dealer and getting it back I found some scratches on it :shrug: . Does anyone know how I would go about fixing at least the minor shallow scratches? Some kind of wax?

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
If they go through the base coat (color), then I think you are SOL, but if they are just in the clear coat, then if a good polish/wax doesn't remove them, you may have to go to something a bit more abrasive.

Since you say the dealer made them, I would ask the dealer to remove them. They should return the car in the same or better shape as you left it with them - certainly not worse.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would also recommend contacting your local dealership for more information. If there is new information about this situation, or if the situation should change, do please contact me by private message to keep me updated. You may also feel free to contact me with any other concerns. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Depends how deep the scratches are. Can you feel them with a fingernail? If NOT, you can probably remove them with a produce like Meguiar's ScratchX or Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. Apply a coating of wax after removal to protect your paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts