GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a really bad smell of mice in the car. I cleaned out the car and check the cabin air filter. And found fur and **** in the filter housing. I replace the filter but now the wife is still complaining about a smell. Any advice on how to get rid of the smell.

·
Registered
42 Posts
rent or buy an ozinator, secure car tightly and run for 3-4 hours, should do the trick, cured my brothers problem for the entire village of mice that got into house

·
Registered
212 Posts
Fabreze might also help, spray the interior and carpet and also give a good dose to the cabin air filter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where is the vent to the outside air for the cabin air filter? I park my cars outside during the summer and have had to pull mice nesting material out of the cabin filter enclosure.

There must be a vent for outside air that can be screened off.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Where is the vent to the outside air for the cabin air filter? I park my cars outside during the summer and have had to pull mice nesting material out of the cabin filter enclosure.

There must be a vent for outside air that can be screened off.

Thanks
Year and model?

·
Banned
262 Posts
We had a really bad smell of mice in the car. I cleaned out the car and check the cabin air filter. And found fur and **** in the filter housing. I replace the filter but now the wife is still complaining about a smell. Any advice on how to get rid of the smell.
Remove your cabin filter, turn your HvAC system to high. Spray lemon scented or what ever you like Lysol into the windshield vent. Alternate between heat and cool and the various floor, front and defrost positions. Let it run for 10-15 minutes, repeat as necessary. Re-install with a new cabin filter.

You can also spray a evaporator cleaner/foam up through the drain tube to get closer to the evaporator for the AC. Run the fan and let it drain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts