GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2011 Terrain. Twice now when I have changed the cabin air filter I've found the remains of acorns on top of the air filter. The filter fits the housing very tight and as I remove the filer to change it, the acorn remains fall into the blower motor. Now I have to remove the blower motor to get the acorns out or they cause an imbalance in the fan and the dash vibrates. I can't figure out where they are getting into the air duct system. Anyone ever have this problem and found out where the rodents are getting in?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Instead of removing the blower motor (which is a minor pain), can you use a flexible hose attachment on a vacuum and just vacuum them out by going through the cabin air filter box?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The opening that you would have to get the flexible hose through is only the width of the filter, maybe 3/4 of an inch. The pieces of the acorn shells are almost that large.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah, I was just thinking maybe a flexible crevice attachment would at least be enough to grab the shells and then you could "lift" them out while they were being held against the end of the hose.

I had to replace the blower motor in my 2015 Equinox and it was not fun at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First time the shells fell into the blower the whole dash shook when the blower was turned on. Figured the dealer would be charging me $1K to tear apart the dash. Glad I figured out how to remove the motor in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It is easy to get to, but that one screw on the backside of the blower motor closest to the firewall is a real bugger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts