GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove to lunch earlier today and noticed when I started my vehicle that the message "Icy conditions possible, please drive with caution." was being displayed on the DIC. What feature is responsible for this - is it one of the "trial" things? I haven't noticed messages like that before and I don't have the Nav system, so I'm curious.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very cool - I'm getting spoiled by this car very quickly. I can't wait to see what it tells me this summer when it's 110 outside. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
You'll get this message once the outside temp drops to 3 C or 37 F

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've seen the message almost every day since I bought my Terrain. I wonder if it is going to remind me to put on sunscreen come summer.

My Sierra would display ICE in the rear view compass display, but no snowflake graphic...

·
Registered
53 Posts
LOL, It's actually a feature I chuckle at. My husband drives a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu and his DIC says Ice Possible also, I find it funny because trust me if the car has to say that, than you **** well it is cold enough outside for there to be ice!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
When I leave my turn signal on a message comes up that says..."Shut you signal jackass!!!"

Does anyone else get that?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
SnowItch said:
No, because I'm not a jackass :D
The jury is out on that. : P

·
Registered
3 Posts
TerrainGirl said:
LOL, It's actually a feature I chuckle at. My husband drives a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu and his DIC says Ice Possible also, I find it funny because trust me if the car has to say that, than you **** well it is cold enough outside for there to be ice!
Must be a lot of people that dont have this feature TerrainGirl - cause I pass them after they have spun out on the road and end up in the ditch "testing" to see if its icy out - you cant stick common sense into some peoples heads even with a nailgun.
Mick

·
Registered
635 Posts
crinteastwood said:
Must be a lot of people that dont have this feature TerrainGirl - cause I pass them after they have spun out on the road and end up in the ditch "testing" to see if its icy out - you cant stick common sense into some peoples heads even with a nailgun.
Mick
Hocus pick maneuvers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I currently have a '06 Cobalt, it tells me when ice is possible, it is strictly a outside temp thing.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Our Terrain displayed the Ice Warning today around 3:30pm ET and the temp read 5 celsius on the NAV screen.
just FYI.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts