GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under the phone menu, there is an option to pair a GPS device to your vehicle which the manual makes no mention of. Any idea what this is for?

It's nice to dream, but it would be really cool if this would transmit your next turn to the DIC from an aftermarket gps unit!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I believe I read someplace that option is not setup. It does nothing at this point in time.

·
Registered
10,397 Posts
My guess would be that if you have a GPS with Bluetooth capability, this option would allow you to broadcast the GPSs voice directions over the Stereo. My Garmin will transmit over a FM Station - not real handy, though.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It was initially intended to basically allow you to pair up a laptop or phone and get GPS coordinates from the OnStar module. You could then run a navigation program like Streets & Trips on your laptop. This functionality was eventually disabled, but wasn't removed from the radio menu for some reason. Quoting a guy from the Camaro forums who helped design the system. Also from the owners manual:The additional GPS location feature, which would provide the vehicle's GPS location through the Bluetooth Serial Port Profile is unavailable. Page 6-57 in user's manual. Sorry guys. Looks like a no go...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts