GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel cleaner on the standard SLE-1 17" painted aluminum wheels?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes. That's what I use on our 2010 Equinox. It works very well, especially with a little wiping using a damp microfiber towel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes. I use it on all the cars, and have done so for quite some time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used the Chrome version on my chrome wheels in the past and it was amazing. Removed a whole winter's worth of crap from wheels I thought were ruined. Chrome polish wouldn't even make a dent in this dirt, but McGwire's and a light wipe did the trick.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Surprised with all of the back to black users... It is more of a plastic polish to restore faded plastics than a protectant which you should be using to help avoid having to use the Mothers Back to black.

I am a professional detailer, I don't have any problems with the back to black and use it myself when the plastic has already faded but I am a firm believer of protectants. +1 to the Meguiars natural shine protectant user. I am a die hard Meguiars user and use their products ALMOST exclusively. You can also use the Ultimate protectant as well. A little ultimate detailing spray never hurt anything either when it comes to getting them spotless. Just be careful using any protectant agents on exterior trim as to not get them on the painted surface of the vehicle. Many of the products contain Silicon and aren't paint friendly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts