GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But does anyone else find it quite difficult to just give the horn in the Terrain a couple quick taps when in traffic? like the "hey doofus the lights been green for 5 seconds, put yer **** cell phone down and drive" honks?

I have yet to find a spot on the steering wheel where you can just tap tap the pad and get the nice little considerate honk.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It's not just you, and the Terrain/nox aren't the only vehicles where this is a problem. I blame the airbag setup in the steering wheel these days...just give us dedicated horn buttons somehwere handy.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
Cameron said:
But does anyone else find it quite difficult to just give the horn in the Terrain a couple quick taps when in traffic? like the "hey doofus the lights been green for 5 seconds, put yer **** cell phone down and drive" honks?

I have yet to find a spot on the steering wheel where you can just tap tap the pad and get the nice little considerate honk.
Thank you ! I have said this same thing, and everyone on the board thinks I am nuts. I even complained to the dealer, and he thought I was nuts. He said it was because of the air bag. I told him that I have been driving cars with air bags before he was born, and this is the 1st time I have had this problem.

:banghead:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
RIT333 said:
Thank you ! I have said this same thing, and everyone on the board thinks I am nuts. I even complained to the dealer, and he thought I was nuts. He said it was because of the air bag. I told him that I have been driving cars with air bags before he was born, and this is the 1st time I have had this problem.

:banghead:
Some airbag equipped wheels are worse than others, but none that I have driven over the years were as good as the old school non-airbag setups..

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good im not going crazy. lol im just tired of hitting the pad like 5 times all lightly so i can just give that nice considerate tap and all i eventually get is a solid honk and usually a finger in return from whoever i was trying to be nice and considerate too haha.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I honestly havent had an issues with a light tap. I normally do 3 quick fires for issues like what was stated above...Maybe its just me... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts