GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my '10 Terrain yesterday, no navigation but it does have the bluetooth and the pioneer premium upgrade.

when i pair ANY bluetooth phone (i've tried a blackberry, an old moto razr, and a iphone 4), it will let me put in the code, the phone will say it's connected, but the car's screen says the onstar handsfree dialing line on it. if i hit the push to talk button on the steering wheel, it says "could not pair with the device"...

when i hit the "push to talk" button without trying to pair or anything, the music mutes and it sits there. the manual says it should have a tone or say "ready" or something, but mine just sits there. i say all the things the manual tells me to, i've said "pair", "hands free", "list"...nothing works. then i swear out loud and that doesn't work either.

so my question is...does anyone else have any issues resembling these? is there a way to restart the whole audio system? or restart the whole vehicle by removing the battery terminals or something? i'd like to avoid going to the dealer on day two of ownership but i'm kind of stumped at this point. bluetooth was one of the main selling points of the truck for me so not having it is a major bummer :( i do LOVE the truck though :)

thanks in advance for any help or advice

·
Registered
468 Posts
Re: many bluetooth issues...search isn't helping...push to talk button not worki

I don't have any of your issues but I did have an issues with my temp gauge and a quick disconnect of the battery solved the issue and it has yet to happen again in over a year. It might be worth giving it a try if all else fails.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You can always take it to the dealer, if that's a viable option for you, or as cottonseed pointed out, a quick disconnect of the ground (black) battery cable should reset everything to factory default.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys.

yeah i just went out to unhook the battery before reading this and came back in because...i can't find the battery. lmao. in other news, the hydraulic lift on the hood is nice and the engine bay is really neat and clean looking. i'm assuming the actual battery is under the fuse box?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Jeremiah said:
thanks guys.

yeah i just went out to unhook the battery before reading this and came back in because...i can't find the battery. lmao. in other news, the hydraulic lift on the hood is nice and the engine bay is really neat and clean looking. i'm assuming the actual battery is under the fuse box?
Geez, I never looked for the battery yet.
There must be a place for jumper cables.
Look for the red cable connected to a post that may be covered by a plastic cap.
See if you can get the red cable off but be very careful not to touch the red cable to any metal parts where it could short circuit.
Leave it disconnected for a few minutes in case there are some capacitors holding a charge.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it's not under the fuse box...there is a +post on the fuze box and a small post next to the fuze box for ground which is where you're supposed to jump from apparently...kind of strange. anyways the actual battery is under something resembling an ECU but i'm not really that car savvy so i don't know what it was. had to remove 2 10mm bolts (one requiring a deep well socket), then had to slide off the mystery panel and then had access to the battery. i took off the negative post, hit the unlock/lock on the remote and saw there was no power running to the vehicle...let it sit for about 2 minutes and hooked it back up.

and it didn't help :( only thing i can think is that i didn't let it sit long enough off the post because i'm impatient so i may try again but i'll most likely just plan on taking it to the dealership and letting them do the heavy lifting :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another odd thing...i went to activate my onstar service...hit the connect button, display said i was connected but had no volume whatsoever. could something just be muted that i don't know about?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Jeremiah said:
another odd thing...i went to activate my onstar service...hit the connect button, display said i was connected but had no volume whatsoever. could something just be muted that i don't know about?
Press the voice command button on the steering wheel.
While the system is talking (please start speaking after the beep...or whatever it says), press the volume up button on the steering wheel and you'll see the volume level go up, only while the computer is talking.
Of course, you can use the volume control on the Audio System as well, I just use the steering wheel as much as possible.

Oh and of course, check that the "Mute" button hasn't been pressed, but I think that only mutes AM/FM/XM, etc, not the voice command.

By all means, let the dealer do the battery thing or figure out what's going on if removing the battery cable and waiting a while doesn't help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i scheduled an appointment at the dealer for next thursday. hopefully they can figure out what's going on...

the weird thing is i bought it with 1800 miles on it because the salesman said that a deaf lady bought it because she thought she could integrate something into it to help with her disability...so hopefully all the main components are still intact...

i went back in and checked the volume and cranked it all the way up and i get no sound or voice prompts when i hit the talk button on the wheel or on the console.

but on the bright side, by browsing the owner's manual, i found out my truck has remote start, which the dealership didn't even advertise. lol. free upgrade!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Re: many bluetooth issues...search isn't helping...push to talk button not worki

maybe she wasn't deaf after all, the problem is the speakers haha

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol funny but wrong at the same time

the speakers work for all the stereo functions, just nothing as far as bluetooth/onstar

·
Registered
468 Posts

Jeremiah said:
lol funny but wrong at the same time

the speakers work for all the stereo functions, just nothing as far as bluetooth/onstar
I been looking at diagrams to see if the bluetooth and onstar uses its own little speaker someplace or the stereo speakers and it seems they run off the stereo speakers. I was thinking maybe the speaker for onstar/bluetooth was in need of service but it was a long shot. Now that you mention that she was trying to adapt some sort of system it may not work because of something whoever was trying to adapt something into it done. Maybe left something disconnected or what not. Here is another long shot, I dont have my manual on me so you will have to look it up. See if there are any fuses that have anything to do with that and then check if it is blown. Check both fuse panels.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i did notice 2 speakers or mics, not sure which...in the car. one is right above my head in the shape of a white oval, the other is next to the dome light by the sunroof...but one may be for onstar and the other may be for bluetooth...i don't know. i've already mulled around the fuses under the hood, i'll check the interior ones before i take it in...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Jeremiah said:
i did notice 2 speakers or mics, not sure which...in the car. one is right above my head in the shape of a white oval, the other is next to the dome light by the sunroof...but one may be for onstar and the other may be for bluetooth...i don't know. i've already mulled around the fuses under the hood, i'll check the interior ones before i take it in...
i asked the same question in another thread under 'What is THAT'. Check it out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the link :)

i'm trying to get it into the dealer on thursday of this week...i'll let them troubleshoot it :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well they're telling me it has a bad mic, which would make sense as far as bluetooth controls go, but if i can't pair up anything to it and i'm getting no prompts when i hit my bluetooth button, wouldn't there be more underlying issues?

oh well, they ordered a mic for me, we'll see where this goes when it comes in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
good luck, let us know the outcome. I personally don't think a bad mic would be the reason you can't sync...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KANWAR said:
good luck, let us know the outcome. I personally don't think a bad mic would be the reason you can't sync...
totally agree...i have a feeling this won't be my last visit to them. blah.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
taking it back in thursday afternoon to get the mic replaced and hopefully get the headliner glued for a second time...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts