GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm sure I am missing something. Just got a 2011 SRX and have connected my Droid via bluetooth. Now I want to set up my contact list through the bluetooth. In my old car there was a function to allow me to automatically update my phones contact lists to the car's bluetooth. For some reason that never worked. As a fallback, I was able to configure my own list manually on the car's screen. I'm not seeing either capability on my SRX. The best I can do is see a historical list of incoming and outgoing calls. SRX Owner's manual is cryptic - talks about referring to the phones onwer's manual to transfer contacts. I've done that but not having any luck there either.

Have had the car less than a week so, again, I'm sure I'm missing it. But I have looked a couple of times and not finding it. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Have your brought this to the attention of your local dealer? They should be able to assist you further and troubleshoot the concern. I can also look into this for you as well with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I solved my problem -- it was a conflict between an app I installed on the phone and the native contact app.

With Don, I'm guessing that once he paired the phone, he didn't respond to the PBAP request that the Bluetooth system in the SRX sends to the phone. I almost missed the request, but when I was trying to solve my problem, I couldn't figure out why my phone would make a notification noise every time I paired the phone with the car's Bluetooth system. I finally looked at my phone, and saw the PBAP request, which is essentially the car asking permission to download the phone's contacts. I clicked "OK" (and also put a check mark next to "always allow") and the contacts downloaded.

As I said, my problem was something different, but what I've described above could be Don's situation.

HTH.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SoCal, Thanks. I did end up "re-pairing" my phone and, when I did, I found the step to pull in the contact lists. It works great now. I think my sales guy paired it for me the first day and he must have skipped that step. Sorry, I think I reported on that earlier but it must have been in a different thread about bluetooth.

Thanks for the info and glad yours is working!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am having a similar issue with my phone now. I've re-paired a few times and allowed the phone book to show up, but it stopped showing up in the past few days. I'm starting to wonder if I installed something on my Droid that is prohibiting the transfer. It used to alert me on the phone every time I connected that my phone book was being accessed, but it no longer does. I think my next step will be to re-pair allow the PBAP connection but not have it "always allow", that way I can test whether it is the phone denying the car access or if my Equinox is failing to send the request.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had that problem crop up now and then. I'm usually able to solve it by powering down the phone and pulling the battery for 60 seconds and then re-booting the phone. I seem to recall that once I re-paired the phone and the car.

HTH.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
kain2thebrain said:
I am having a similar issue with my phone now. I've re-paired a few times and allowed the phone book to show up, but it stopped showing up in the past few days. I'm starting to wonder if I installed something on my Droid that is prohibiting the transfer. It used to alert me on the phone every time I connected that my phone book was being accessed, but it no longer does. I think my next step will be to re-pair allow the PBAP connection but not have it "always allow", that way I can test whether it is the phone denying the car access or if my Equinox is failing to send the request.
Has your concern been resolved? Contact me if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts