GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Terrain/Nox has a magnetic drain plug? If not, does anyone know where I can buy one? All the cars and bikes I've owned had magnetic plugs and I think they are very useful.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I couldn't find it, but somewhere in this forum (maybe another GM forum) I read a thread about a drain plug that used a spigot style opening. You just twist open the plug to drain, and twist it back closed when done. Seems like a great idea over a magnetic plug. Appeared very well made with a locking closed feature too.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Narg said:
I couldn't find it, but somewhere in this forum (maybe another GM forum) I read a thread about a drain plug that used a spigot style opening. You just twist open the plug to drain, and twist it back closed when done. Seems like a great idea over a magnetic plug. Appeared very well made with a locking closed feature too.
A magnetic drain plug is still screwed into the engine.
It's not a "quick release" plug, the magnet is just to collect metal particles that flow through the oil.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen those plugs years ago. I believe Fram even has one, but they don't collect metal particles. Every little bit helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts