GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

made in Canada?

10K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  NODES 
If I remember correctly, these trucks were design, engineered and built in Canada. A true Canadian vehicle. I believe all 2010 and up Equinox/Terrain are built in Canada, initially in Ingersoll (from 2009) with a second production line in Oshawa from late 2010. I think the engines are assembled in US.

Maybe a little off topic, but since we're talking about Canada/US.....

I noticed that more trucks sold in Canada have fog lamps, while many sold in US have Nav. When I was shopping around, most dealers had trucks with fog lamps on the lot, even with entry level trims (LS, LT 17" wheels, cloth, 2.4l). The only one with Nav option I have found, was a fully loaded LTZ, and I mean fully loaded and grossly overpriced. On the other hand, when I was looking at US dealerships (just to see how bad I was getting price-raped in Canadian dollars), I found many with factory NAV, even on cloth interior, 17", 4-l, etc.. basic configuration. I guess different demand for different demographic. I don't think either one of these options, adds resale value. Actually, I remember reading an article stating that NAV system decreases resale value, if that makes any sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.