GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears my 2012 box 1lt was assembled in Canada but purchased in Syracuse, NY. Is there a difference in the wiring harnesses for the fog lights?

·
Registered
361 Posts
no

·
Registered
249 Posts
If I remember correctly, these trucks were design, engineered and built in Canada. A true Canadian vehicle. I believe all 2010 and up Equinox/Terrain are built in Canada, initially in Ingersoll (from 2009) with a second production line in Oshawa from late 2010. I think the engines are assembled in US.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Mine was made in Canada..USA or Canada...I feel confident with either build location! :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Need to correct my post...my 2012 1LT Nox made in Canada (purch in ny)does not have fog lamps. What will it take to install lamps?

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
jonibob said:
Need to correct my post...my 2012 1LT Nox made in Canada (purch in ny)does not have fog lamps. What will it take to install lamps?
If you want it to mimic factory exactly - i.e. controlled by the turn-signal, then it will cost you 2 arms and a leg, but if you just want to control them from a separate switch, then it will be cheaper. Try a search on this forum for more info. I think people buy Malibu Fogs from Ebay.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Maybe a little off topic, but since we're talking about Canada/US.....

I noticed that more trucks sold in Canada have fog lamps, while many sold in US have Nav. When I was shopping around, most dealers had trucks with fog lamps on the lot, even with entry level trims (LS, LT 17" wheels, cloth, 2.4l). The only one with Nav option I have found, was a fully loaded LTZ, and I mean fully loaded and grossly overpriced. On the other hand, when I was looking at US dealerships (just to see how bad I was getting price-raped in Canadian dollars), I found many with factory NAV, even on cloth interior, 17", 4-l, etc.. basic configuration. I guess different demand for different demographic. I don't think either one of these options, adds resale value. Actually, I remember reading an article stating that NAV system decreases resale value, if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If what I heard is true, they will start making these in the shutdown Saturn plant in TN(or KY) also.

·
Registered
673 Posts
CFRTim said:

I noticed that more trucks sold in Canada have fog lamps, while many sold in US have Nav. When I was shopping around, most dealers had trucks with fog lamps on the lot, even with entry level trims (LS, LT 17" wheels, cloth, 2.4l). The only one with Nav option I have found, was a fully loaded LTZ, and I mean fully loaded and grossly overpriced. On the other hand, when I was looking at US dealerships (just to see how bad I was getting price-raped in Canadian dollars), I found many with factory NAV, even on cloth interior, 17", 4-l, etc.. basic configuration. I guess different demand for different demographic. I don't think either one of these options, adds resale value. Actually, I remember reading an article stating that NAV system decreases resale value, if that makes any sense.

here in Canada we need light to find our way around, down south you guys require navigation to do the same :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
One of the main reasons I purchased my 'Nox was that it was designed and manufactured in North America. (yes, yes - some components were not)

·
Registered
142 Posts
My main reason is that I fit in it (6'4"). 8)
Only midsized cross/suv I could get myself in besides it's "twin" GMC Terrain.

JCarm75

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update...my Equinox LT1 (made in Canada...no fog lamps) has the fog lamp relay and fuse(#65 and#40) in the fuse box. What does that mean with regard to adding fog lamps?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
jonibob said:
Update...my Equinox LT1 (made in Canada...no fog lamps) has the fog lamp relay and fuse(#65 and#40) in the fuse box. What does that mean with regard to adding fog lamps?

Hope this helps, i believe there is some info on here regarding the harness and fuses.

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=1986

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
CFRTim said:

That may have been true (nav decreasing resale) in the early 00's when manufacturers started the onboard nav craze, but these days the nav systems are much better integrated with other systems, as well as easier to use and update. I do have a friend with an 05 Chevy Tahoe with onboard nav and he uses a standalone Garmin. The problem is that the system wasn't user friendly, not very accurate...and cost nearly $200 for updated maps. I don't know if the wildly expensive updates are still an issue, but I do know onboard systems have come a long way in the past few years. (I don't have onboard nav btw)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Jenniebeeb said:
This cracks me up! lol Nodes!!! ;D

I do find that interesting though that many on the lots in Canada did not have Nav installed - there were MANY (including the SLE model Terrains I believe) that had Nav here. I haven't shopped in Canada, but I definitely find it interesting that Fog lights are a hot commodity :)

Also, I think if my Terrain didn't have the Fog lights - I would probably opt for a 2nd shift, I can see adding them and wanting the control to be on the stick to probably be a bit spendy. I know someone had a post recently that showed their added fog lights. Wish I could remember who that was... ???
glad i can entertain :)

I am a big fan of fog lights, and was lucky the car I bought had them factory installed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts