GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a set of lowering springs for the 2010/2011 Equinox?? Been looking around and have found nothing. I do not want to have to have my stock springs cut, but if anyone has done that let me know how it went!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats awesome man!!! thanks so much!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you share where you are ordering from? I am interested in doing this to my 2011 Gmc Terrain.

Cheers,

Amlo :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I looked at both websites and didn't see anything listed. Do you have a link or part number?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a tread up here a few months ago seeing if anyone has found any info on some lowering springs for the 2010 and up equinox....there havent been too many replies on it so I figured I would give it another try, if anyone has any info on anything to do with the springs or suspension of the equinox post it on here !! :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
equiNOX, the blacked out bowtie looks great on your car! I did the same on my Cyber Gray one. I used material that looks like black carbon fiber.
Jim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kind words Jim! I would love to see how it looks on your car. Post it up! Or is it in the photos section!?!

-Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry Guys I havent been on here in a while honestly I kinda got wrapped up in my M45 lol.. I will call my guys tomorrow to see what we can get made for us....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SiMpLyMoDiFiEd said:
Sorry Guys I havent been on here in a while honestly I kinda got wrapped up in my M45 lol.. I will call my guys tomorrow to see what we can get made for us....
thanks man sounds awesome!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK OK I talked to Nick my contact over at www.KsportUSA.com.... Now I got Good News, I got Bad News and Very Bad News...LOL

Good News is that I can get some lowering parts made..

Bad News is that unless we get 500-1000 pre orders they will not do springs, and they will need 8-10 pre orders to do coilovers and will take 2 months....

Very Bad News will cost about $1200 a set!!!! :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reviving an old post...
I know some car makers do this so why should Chevy be any different? Has anyone tried a spring out of a cavalier to see if it will fit? If the diameters are the same then we will be all set! Like mentioned above, I don't want to cut springs either.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
BigPip said:
Reviving an old post...
I know some car makers do this so why should Chevy be any different? Has anyone tried a spring out of a cavalier to see if it will fit? If the diameters are the same then we will be all set! Like mentioned above, I don't want to cut springs either.
Yea it would be nice if the industry had some options for aftermarket suspension on our rides, but there is not a huge demand for it with this type of vehicle in the custom market. So no demand no money to be made. And if there were parts out there it would be pretty high prices since they would have to be custom built to each spec.
I think a equinox and terrain would look sharp with even a 1inch or 2inch drop. I hate my wheel gap lol
Only way a old Caviler or a gm car that had lowering components would fit, is if they had the same gm part numbers, But even if they shared similar components, you still have to factor a lot of things, especially weight & safety.

Anything is possible if someone is willing to spend the money and willing to do research and test on their own vehicle lol

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
bowtieman said:
I think a equinox and terrain would look sharp with even a 1inch or 2inch drop. I hate my wheel gap lol

I'm with ya there - I'd like a one inch drop too.[/color]

Only way a old Caviler or a gm car that had lowering components would fit, is if they had the same gm part numbers, But even if they shared similar components, you still have to factor a lot of things, especially weight & safety.
BigPip said:
Reviving an old post...

I can't see them even being marginally close, things to consider; curb weight difference between the two vehicles, actual unsprung weight of the wheels is going to be different as the trucks have larger rims/tires than a Cavalier and the trucks have a much larger towing capacity. [/color]

·
Registered
935 Posts
With a 2" drop on a Terrain - the front air **** lip may be close to scraping. And the wheel gap will still be very significant.

Also $1200 for a full custom coil over set up is not a bad price at all - provided it has adjustable dampers as well as height adjustment.

Thanks
- Eric

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Default User said:
With a 2" drop on a Terrain - the front air **** lip may be close to scraping. And the wheel gap will still be very significant.

May have to install one of those air adjustable shocks to raise and lower when needed lol [/color]

Also $1200 for a full custom coil over set up is not a bad price at all - provided it has adjustable dampers as well as height adjustment.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts