GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found lowering springs or (doubtful) a bag setup? I think the Terrain would look very nice with a 2.5/3 in drop to it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Springworks.com quoted.me almost 1k for a.set of 1.5/2 drop coils

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I agree, Nox's and Terrains would look nice lowered or bagged out. I have looked as well, no one makes a lowering kit for it and yea a custom setup would be some $$ Heck if it costs that much might as well pay the right custom shop to build a custom suspension on bags, but i am sure thats a project. I believe the front suspension is a coil over setup. I think the Nox is a unibody i might be wrong. I used to be hardcore in the custom scene, I just sold my lil minitruck 96 s10 a few weeks ago . I built the suspension and body dropped it 3inches and laid it on airbags. I used to own a shop back in the day lol. I was thinking the other day maybe when all my warranties expire after 100kmilies i would lay this Nox out since I have never seen one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wonder if the.Malibu springs are the same.as the nox?? Hmm...

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Yea even if they would fit, just have to consider that the Equinox weighs around 3770lbs were as the Malibu is around 3432lbs. So yea it might even lower it because its heavier lol but safety speaking wise prob not a good choice if they were made for a specific weight lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
300# isn't that much difference TBH....if it were closer to 500 or more I'd start to get concerned...300# is like having a lot of extra cargo or a fat guy riding with u all the time...

Just my opinion

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Lol true

·
Registered
35 Posts
NODES said:
Bull Bar and side steps give it that lowered look.
ummm......no

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw the thread...doesn't belong on a fwd compact suv...

So again...no

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Yea not really into that look either, to each his own. Like some trucks ground effects kinda cheat to give the lowered look. I always look at the wheel well gap when lowering the vehicle, just looks weird to me when u have a huge gap but skirts on the bottom almost touching the ground lol

I found this cool looking rendering online of a Nox looks awesome I think! Kinda get a feel how one one look slammed out! Check it

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is how I want mine to look...it will one day by God lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took coil clamps to my 2012 Terrain to see if I can at least emulate a drop to get an idea... I clamped the back coils more then 3", and got a whopping 1/4" drop in total... Do you think the Terrain/Nox has a Load Balancing piece? I'm not very technical or car savvy, but even when I had my friends hop in the back of my suv (Well over 800lbs worth of people, the back only dropped... you guessed it, 1/4"...

At a meet on the river this weekend, someone mentioned Air Struts... I doubt it has them, but apparently they're computer controlled. I want to drop the back of my Terrain 3" and the front 2", maybe a little more, but I can't find kits, and I shudder at the idea of bagging it... Voids the warranty, lol...

If someone owns or knows someone who has a shop that is willing to look into a custom kit, I am more then happy to spend ~$1k on a good coil kit, or even a bag solution if the will insure it...

PM me if you do... I don't want it slammed, or hella flush, just clean and low. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the shocks are not computer controlled - not on this price vehicle.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I agree they should have more options for suspension wise, but its all about demand and the main user type of these Theta vehicles are not looking to alter their suspension. I used to own trucks with air ride suspension and lowering components as well as lifted trucks, so i do like that look.

You might want to try to contact company called Eibach, they might be able to make you a set, might be a pretty penny but its really what is worth it to you. A 2-3 drop would look sharpe on a Nox. Just FYI altering your suspension would prob void the warranty, just read the fine print on your bumper bumper or extended. Even ask the dealer or the company what your able to do just to cover yourself.
Only way they would not know if you uninstalled it and put it back to factory every time you took it back to the dealer which would be a pain lol.
Maybe when mine hits 100k I will airbag it and slam to the ground, but the wife prob would not like it lol Id rather just put the money into a old hotrod rebuild.
Good luck!
Yea the springs are not anything electronic. Here is a pic of a 2.4 fwd.

Here is a pic of the 2007-2009 Nox sport version suspension, they look similar to the new ones but not sure if bolts or fitment line up. If so that might work for you because i think they make suspension parts for the 07-09.

·
Registered
99 Posts
**** Bowtieman that is a sweet photo. Nox looks good like that.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Scynthyace said:
Do you think the Terrain/Nox has a Load Balancing piece? I'm not very technical or car savvy,
Yes, that would be the torsion bar (part #34 on the diagrams posted above) and no the struts are not computer comtrolled - just a simple coil over.

I wish Eibach or any other manufacture would dive into and make lowering springs - I would love to drop mine by an inch approx.
Would balance out the wheel well spacing for a better overall look. :thumb:[/color]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts