GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into lowering my Terrain -- the gap at the top of the wheel wells really bothers me. I've come across an Eibach lowering kit for an '08 Envoy, and I think it may work...provided GM still uses the same springs (which I'm not sure about).

Then I got an email from Airbagit.com. I've attached the email below. Just wondering if anyone has experience driving a vehicle with airbag suspension? Has anyone come up with any other options for lowering their Terrain? For the record, I'm not looking to "slam it"; just lower it 2 inches in the front and 3 in the back. Though I'm sure the students I teach would love to see it.

--------------------------

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is the first request of this vehicle and we can definitely build this for you as the first in the WORLD.

FBSS KIT CONTENTS :

FRONT AIR KIT (INCLUDES AIRBAGS & MOUNTING BRACKETS)

FRONT SHOCK RELOCATION KIT(INCLUDES SHOX AND MOUNTS)

REAR AIR KIT (INCLUDES AIRBAGS & MOUNTING BRACKETS&WELD-ON 4LINK)

5 GALLON NON-CORROSIVE ALUMINUM HIGH-PRESSURE AIRTANK(OPTIONAL 5GALLON AIRTANK)

COMPRESSOR PSI CUT-OFF SWITCH

3/4HP COMPRESSOR 100% DUTY CYCLE 180PSI MAX(SEALED COMPRESSOR)

4 WAY ELECTRIC AIR-VALVE SETUP 3/8" 160PS(INDEPENDENT CORNER CONTROL)

3/8 HI-PRESSURE AIRHOSE & FITTING KIT

4 FAST RESPONSE SWITCH-PANEL(OPTIONAL 10-SWITCH CONTROL UPGRADE UPON REQUEST)

(2) LIGHTED PSI GAUGES(OPTIONAL DIGITAL GAUGE UPGRADE UPON REQUEST)

*ALL PARTS WILL BE MOUNTED ON A PLATFORM FOR EASY INSTALL AND CLEAN LOOK

*2-3 SECOND INFLATION/DEFLATION TIME

*4-CORNER CONTROL(FRONT-BACK, SIDE-SIDE, 4-CORNER INDIVIDUAL, AND PANCAKE)

Cost:2130.00usd**possible 250.00usd additional charge for front strut sample to fabricate***I will need VIN# to confirm this.

Shipping cost:120.00usd to CN

This kit will allow for 5” of drop and suggested ride height will be 2-3” below stock. This will improve ride greatly and still maintain handling aspects of an independent suspension.

Please let me know of any questions or what you think. Hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,

Yuri Pham

Aim Industries/Chassistech/Airbagit.com/StreetRidePro

480.668.5448 phone

480.668.5442 fax

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Seems like alot of money just to lower the vehicle
If those wheel wells bother you so much ,just hang some old push brooms on the lower edge of the wheel wells like the big rigs have(to keep down water spray comming out of the wheel wells)you could even color code them to match your vehicle
But hey first in the world would give you great pleasure for your 3 grand I guess

·
Registered
119 Posts
You dont have much clearance under the front bumper the way it is stock, why would you want to lower it? Unless your removing the trim under the bumper also?

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
alaric23 said:
I've been looking into lowering my Terrain -- the gap at the top of the wheel wells really bothers me. I've come across an Eibach lowering kit for an '08 Envoy, and I think it may work...provided GM still uses the same springs (which I'm not sure about).

cost:2130.00usd**possible 250.00usd additional charge for front strut sample to fabricate***I will need VIN# to confirm this.

Shipping cost:120.00usd to CN

This kit will allow for 5” of drop and suggested ride height will be 2-3” below stock. This will improve ride greatly and still maintain handling aspects of an independent suspension.

Ha!...Now that's really funny..! You had me going! For a minute there..I thought that you were serious..... :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
no way i would bag it...too expensive......

you did buy an suv.....i come from the scc world....inherently i hate wheel gap...despise it is more the word.....but again, these are designed for decent suspension travel, and a nice ride....

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't lower the Terrain/Nox just for the sake of looks..but that's just me. Also, lowering 2-3 inches is going to bring it down to nearly the same ground clearance as an average sedan...we have less than 8 inches as it is.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i would LMAO if i ever saw a theta on hellaflush.... :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Terrain Denali and I'm looking for a way to lower mine for the same wheel well gap reason. Did you have any luck on your search? I'm coming up with nothing...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Re: Lowering GMC Terrain

I know a little something about eliminating wheel gap ;)

I just bought an suv for a reason.. Not to lower it

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Nice "low riders" - in fact, very nice !

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 141 Posts