GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten the "Low Windshield Wash" message on their DIC? I have the SLT-2 loaded and my windshield wash runs out without any warning on the dash. I looked in the manual and it says there should be one. I called the dealer and they said they didn't think the Terrain had that warning light. Seems pretty strange for a 45k vehicle not to tell you when you are running low on windshield wash?

Cheers

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
Wow - $45K. Hope it washes and waxes the whole car automatically.

·
Registered
93 Posts
From the manual (hyperlink posted on this forum somewhere)

Re: Messages Displayed on DIC

Washer Fluid Messages
Washer Fluid Low Add Fluid
This message will be displayed
when the washer fluid level is low.
For information on filling the washer
fluid, see Washer Fluid on
page 9‑22.

KJ

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm also curious about this. Our Terrain has also run out of washer fluid without so much as a peep, even though it is theoretically supposed to (like noncon stated).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
There doesn't seem to be an indicator lamp for low washer fluid when the key is in the "ON" position with the vehicle not running.
Guess we better keep her topped up with a spare gallon in the back!

·
Registered
89 Posts
terrainster steve said:
I wonder if this is a CANADA only message. The Acura I drive is set up with a low fluid icon too but it's only connected/wired up on the Canadian models.
I doubt it, since our Terrain is a CND model.

·
Registered
111 Posts
terrainster steve said:
I wonder if this is a CANADA only message. The Acura I drive is set up with a low fluid icon too but it's only connected/wired up on the Canadian models.
x2, had same exact thing on my TSX. Only worked on the Canadian models.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Mobius said:
I doubt it, since our Terrain is a CND model.
Ditto here.
Need to follow up with Dealer.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
gearhead said:
Ditto here.
Need to follow up with Dealer.
Picked up some washer fluid today.
Told the wife to let it run dry, conditions permitting, before refilling, and to watch for any low washer fluid indicator(s).
Going to the Dealer to pick up cargo organizer tomorrow or Wednesday, so will ask there as well.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
gearhead said:
Picked up some washer fluid today.
Told the wife to let it run dry, conditions permitting, before refilling, and to watch for any low washer fluid indicator(s).
Going to the Dealer to pick up cargo organizer tomorrow or Wednesday, so will ask there as well.
Unfortunately, we couldn't make it to the point of running dry due to melting snow and slush.
We topped the fluid up and will have to try again.
Anyone see a low washer fluid warning light yet?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey,

I don't have mine yet, but if it is anything like my husband's Malibu his doesn't have a warning light on the dash, but rather it is a pop up display on the DIC. Has anyone investigated if it is in the DIC and not an "icon" on the dash?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea... there is no light (as per the manual) but it should show up on the DIC. On my Terrain it does not show up on the DIC like the manual says it does. The dealer says it is not a feature that the truck has and it was a misprint in the manual. I called GM Customer Service because this was a specific option I asked about. My last Equinox didn't have this option and it is very annoying. On longer trips all of a sudden there is no windshield wash and you can't see a thing. I have to pull over onto the side of the highway and use snow to try and clean it. It would be very nice to have a warning. Customer Care is going to get back to me with some options...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Seems like Only option might be to have have a gallon handy in the back of the vehicle

·
Registered
93 Posts
I sent an e-mail to GM to ask them about this. They called me back, and I explained that many here on the forum noticed they were not getting a warning when the fluid was low. I told the guy I don't have my Terrain yet...so he basically blew me off and said call back when you yourself see there is no warning. Nevermind a half dozen ppl here have yet to see a warning. wtf????

KJ

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can't really blame the guy for blowing you off. Imagine if you phoned a cable company to complain about reception problems that other people are having, but your service is no hooked up yet. Why would they try to solve a problem for a non-customer? I bet you would of gotten a better response if you phrased it as a pre-sales question - "I'm thinking of buying a Terrain, but am concerned about some issues brought to attention on an online forum, can you clarify these issues?" Cudos for trying for the rest of us. I haven't personally seen the warning yet.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
Can you provide the e-mail address you used? I think we should all send a message to that address. Maybe if they got over a 100 e-mails asking about it, they might provide an answer.
I'm in.
We can note the page in the manual where it says low windshield washer indicator is included.

·
Registered
58 Posts
SnowItch said:
I can. GM has to change their attitude.
How can the customer service rep successfully diagnose the problem if the customer (who is not a customer) can not provide detailed information about the problem? He can't provide any model details or answer specific questions such as "Does the problem occur in drive, park, idle etc?" The CSR needs to take this information to his/her superior and if they don't have any substantial information the employee is going to look like a moron to his boss.

Noncon says he was "blown off" but what does that mean? Maybe he didn't like the response even though it was delivered in a professional, friendly manner. The point i'm trying to make is that people with the actual product or service should be making these calls to help improve the company and the product or they just end up taking up time that could be used for an actual customer. Like I said, cudos for trying and I agree that we should all send emails regarding the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ran out last night. No warning light and nothing on the dic. Part of me was upset but then I remembered my BMW had it and I would still put off adding fluid until I ran out. So I guess there is no perfect situation.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts