GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello GMC Terrain owners!

Consider this an invite for all Terrain owners. GM Cami Assembly is having a Public Open House on August 24 2011 from 12 pm to 7 pm. It would be nice to have you Terrain owners come down and see where your Terrain was built. It is, unfortunately, a Wednesday. The tour is self guided with the staff showing you the route you will take. The plant will be operating so you can see first hand the various process's involved. Two things to remember...no open toe shoes or sandals are permitted in the plant EVER...even during the tour. Second, NO CAMERAS are allowed! If you bring a camera you will leave it in your vehicle where pictures can be taken outside of the plant. You may want to take pictures of other Terrain owners with their Terrain or people from this forum. For those wanting to come, the plant is located in Ingersoll Ontario.. their address is 300-a Ingersoll St., Ingersoll, ON, N5C 4A6 ...Google that address for directions.

I am a worker in the plant, worked there for 20.5 years...I work in the Body Shop.

The other thing that I'm requesting would be if you cannot attend this event would you be kind enough to send me your comments on your Terrain. Tell me your thoughts about it...why you chose it over other similar brand from other manufacturers etc... The reason for this is GM Cami will be creating a Pride Wall leading to the tour with your comments and pictures. Thankyou everyone!

Send your email to [email protected] with the subject title My Terrain

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I would come, but I dont think my 2011 Terrain, with its on going engine issues would make the drive.... :'(

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hey gruntc10, As I am sure that I can speak for a number of people on this forum when I say that we appreciate the invite, Im sure that I can say even more that you may have a small pride wall due to the on-going issues that we all are having. Is there a way that we can convey those on a ticked off owners wall?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Phantm006 said:
Hey gruntc10, As I am sure that I can speak for a number of people on this forum when I say that we appreciate the invite, Im sure that I can say even more that you may have a small pride wall due to the on-going issues that we all are having. Is there a way that we can convey those on a ticked off owners wall?
Good point Phantm006! maybe those who took pride in building them would be concerned with this issue..

by the way gruntc10 ...I do appreciate the invite too....Its just been frustrating!...I do love the style, handling and comfort of the Terrain. I think its a great looking SUV!..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Appreciate the invite. We really like our Terrain but are concerned about potential damage from the issue captured in islaguy's video. Did you follow the link to watch it?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wow! For the love of all things holy, you bunch, this guy works in the body shop at CAMI. They build and assemble the vehicles there... likely a fair distance from GM Powertrain Engineering where you need to have your voices heard.

Go back to your complaint thread or better yet just go TRADE THE [email protected] THING IN.

Sheesh!

@ the OP... thanks for inviting the forum. Ingersoll is about a three and a half hour drive for me but I would LOVE to tour the plant. I toured the Oshawa car plant in high school on a grade 12 engineering class trip... was a very cool experience.

·
Registered
93 Posts
As I live just over an hour away, I'm there. No RSVP necessary? Any freebies?

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
alaric23 said:
As I live just over an hour away, I'm there. No RSVP necessary? Any freebies?
Yeah - defective fuel pumps.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Terrain said:
Wow! For the love of all things holy, you bunch, this guy works in the body shop at CAMI. They build and assemble the vehicles there... likely a fair distance from GM Powertrain Engineering where you need to have your voices heard.

Go back to your complaint thread or better yet just go TRADE THE [email protected] THING IN.

Sheesh!

@ the OP... thanks for inviting the forum. Ingersoll is about a three and a half hour drive for me but I would LOVE to tour the plant. I toured the Oshawa car plant in high school on a grade 12 engineering class trip... was a very cool experience.
I can understand the frustration of the owners your referring to.
Apparently no one IS listening! I would think if you owned one that had problems you wouldn't be so quick to trade it in: you would expect the problem to be determined, a permanent fix arrived at and repairs made. I believe this is all the folks are looking for. This has been going on for a while and apparently the wheels are turning slow at GM if at all.
Although I'm sure this person has no clue of the problem it is to say the least bad timing for the post.
Here's hoping your not one posting problems on the thread you referring to in the future---------but then again I guess you would just 'trade it in".

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm not trading in anything I just bought less than a year ago. Besides, I can understand trading it in after I've "worn it out" but inshouldnt have to trade in something that I bought brand new and apparently worn out before I stepped foot in it. I'm not blaming the OP. I'm sure he has heard what I said a thousand times over. And I hope he caught the humor in what I said. I would hope he would carry the common sense to know I wasn't blaming Jim directly. And like others have said it's just bad timing. You'll live....

·
Registered
978 Posts
Actually, if I recall correctly, member Terrain was the owner of a "BAD" copy
and got out of it...

and yet still bought a second one...

So before we judge his reply...
Keep in mind he is "made of the cloth" of "been there done that"

Yes I too hope the OP is of thick enough skin to not take personally what he didn't engineer.
Yes it is indeed bad timing...

For me...if I didn't live on the left coast...I'd be there in a heartbeat :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Terrain said:

Sheesh!

Of course I do not hold the OP responsible for my problems but like they say the knee bone is connected to the leg bone.

"The other thing that I'm requesting would be if you cannot attend this event would you be kind enough to send me your comments on your Terrain."

My response.......LOVE the Terrain,just wish GM could correct this issue.

I am sure he takes pride in his work and I love the exterior design and workmanship but at this point "for me" the jacket is covering a skeleton.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Before you invited those Terrain owners you have to correct all the issue first on all GMC Terrain from 2010 up to the present year model, such as a different weird noise that some of the owners encountered including the moist of the windshield during a winter and humid time! Yes, you have to voice out LOUD and PROUD of the mistakes, and enjoy stealing people's money!

·
Registered
216 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
Actually, if I recall correctly, member Terrain was the owner of a "BAD" copy
and got out of it...

and yet still bought a second one...

So before we judge his reply...
Keep in mind he is "made of the cloth" of "been there done that"

Yes I too hope the OP is of thick enough skin to not take personally what he didn't engineer.
Yes it is indeed bad timing...

For me...if I didn't live on the left coast...I'd be there in a heartbeat :thumb: :thumb:
As they say "first time your fault second time my fault".

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Terrain said:

Sheesh!

the 'complaint' thread is a thread for issues with the Terrain...and we (quite a few) have some issues.Isnt this one of the reasons for a forum?????
i cant just go 'trade it in'... what a stupid comment...8 months and 17000 miles in, would lose alot on it.
I dont expect the OP to have an answer, why would I?..just a little humor for a very frustrated customer..

again, i really enjoy my terrain...just wants some answers and conclusions.

·
Registered
698 Posts
wrusprod said:
the 'complaint' thread is a thread for issues with the Terrain...and we (quite a few) have some issues.Isnt this one of the reasons for a forum?????
i cant just go 'trade it in'... what a stupid comment...8 months and 17000 miles in, would lose alot on it.
I dont expect the OP to have an answer, why would I?..just a little humor for a very frustrated customer..

again, i really enjoy my terrain...just wants some answers and conclusions.
Yes, by all means a forum is there for people to lodge complaints.

Hijacking threads, on the other hand, is not at all appropriate and is quite disrespectful of the OP. The fact that he is proud of his work makes ME proud to own one of these vehicles. The happier the worker, the better the product and I respect that. It's not his fault he was given inferior components to assemble!

Edit... oh and 'trade it in' is always a viable option... I did that with an 8-month old Terrain because I perceived it to be a piece of junk. A year later and 6,000 miles and I couldn't be happier! Sorry but why people put themselves in the position of being upside down on a vehicle is a bit of a stretch for me.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
Terrain said:

Hijacking threads, on the other hand, is not at all appropriate and is quite disrespectful of the OP. The fact that he is proud of his work makes ME proud to own one of these vehicles. The happier the worker, the better the product and I respect that. It's not his fault he was given inferior components to assemble!

Edit... oh and 'trade it in' is always a viable option... I did that with an 8-month old Terrain because I perceived it to be a piece of junk. A year later and 6,000 miles and I couldn't be happier! Sorry but why people put themselves in the position of being upside down on a vehicle is a bit of a stretch for me.

After working in GM assembly plants for 34 yrs..I whole heartedly agree with you..! Seems some just don't understand the system..so will dump on anyone affiliated with the company.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Terrain said:

what is hijacking a thread ...when he asked for comments on the terrain....If you dont want to hear comments on a vehicle..dont ask!...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts