GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
When we didn’t need full 3rd sow seating anymore, we moved from the Enclave to the 17 Acadia so we could have a 3rd row seat when we needed it. It worked great at my sons wedding when we went out to dinner and we didn’t have to take 2 cars. Unfortunately, our older friends were having trouble getting in and out of the 3rd row, the wife saw the new Terrain, lease was coming to end so we pulled the trigger.

By us 2019 Acadia Denalis MSRP 50+ with 13K off.

·
Banned
61 Posts
I have a 2014 Terrain with the 3.6. Only issue has been a HVAC actuator that is a real pain in the butt. Given the new engine choices that GM has in the Terrain, I'll go with a Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot next time.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
More info please. Acadia details and rough pricing details. Inquiring minds want to know. We're looking.

Parks Buick GMC Greenville, SC approximately 150 miles between Atlanta and Charlotte. Just off of I-85

2019 FWD Acadia Denali MSRP range $50,170 to 51,205 Parks discount $13,000.
2019 AWD Acadia Denali MSRP range $52,655 to 53,330 Parks discount $13,000.
Not sure if you have to take delivery by 4/01/19 and finance with GMC Financial

Www.parksbuickgmc.com

If you buy from them let me know how they treat you. We went to them when we were trading in our 2012 Equinox and they were jacka$$ but they were Sutton Buick GMC back then.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Too far away for me, if not I'd be there this morning. Thanks for the info, sounds like you got a great deal with that machine.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Too far away for me, if not I'd be there this morning. Thanks for the info, sounds like you got a great deal with that machine.
What you don’t want to do a road trip?0:)

Didn’t buy from them last time, went to our local dealer, but may look at them when our lease is up in 2 years if they’re still offering $9,000 discounts on Terrains.

·
Registered
192 Posts
get yourself the new Blazer and call it a day...:)

With 3.6L Blazer pricing being higher than the Acadia, the Acadia is actually a better value. In fact, 2019 Acadia Denali models in my region are currently being sold for the same price as 2019 3.6L Blazer 3LT models. It is crazy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ended up with a 2019 Acadia Denali. Was $50,125. We walked out with it being $33k after down payment.

Financed for 4 months at 7.5, then refinancing for lower. My credit score is near perfect so I should get a better rate.

This thing is amazing. I've always wanted a Denali and this one seemed like a great deal. IMG_20190322_150211_007.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Very nice and congrats. Don’t be surprised if you get close to 30 mpgs on the highway.

Surprised they didn’t offer the 0% for 72 months to you?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Very nice and congrats. Don’t be surprised if you get close to 30 mpgs on the highway.

Surprised they didn’t offer the 0% for 72 months to you?
Apparently to get that 0%, you had to do the sticker price or only some off of it.

They discounted the vehicle quite a bit so we just went that route. Monthly, it worked out for us even though it's a little more than I wanted currently. After we refi, we'll be sitting closer to where we like.

I get so overwhelmed doing these deals

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Apparently to get that 0%, you had to do the sticker price or only some off of it.

They discounted the vehicle quite a bit so we just went that route. Monthly, it worked out for us even though it's a little more than I wanted currently. After we refi, we'll be sitting closer to where we like.

I get so overwhelmed doing these deals

Ah the fine print. Like the dealship that I posted the pricing on the Acadia Denalis with a $13K discount.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I really like my '12 terrain. looked at getting the '17 or '18 acadia but theres no way im going to sacrifice that much cargo space for a third row. you can barely fit a regular suitcase in the back let alone a family of suitcases. its definitely not a family trip car or any trip car from my prospective. it definitely wont fit the stroller our stroller.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I really like my '12 terrain. looked at getting the '17 or '18 acadia but theres no way im going to sacrifice that much cargo space for a third row. you can barely fit a regular suitcase in the back let alone a family of suitcases. its definitely not a family trip car or any trip car from my prospective. it definitely wont fit the stroller our stroller.
It’s not marketed as a full time 3rd row seat SUV that’s what the Buick Enclave or Chevy Traverse are for. It’s meant for the times when you need the 3rd row seats for short periods, like going out to dinner with 2 other couples or taking your kids and friends to baseball, football or soccer practice.
It is available in a 2 3 2 seating configuration as well as a 2 2 2 configuration and with the 3rd seats down it has more cargo space than the old Equinox or Terrain.
You don’t have to have the 3rd row seat up if you don’t want to.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I have a 2014 Terrain with the 3.6. Only issue has been a HVAC actuator that is a real pain in the butt. Given the new engine choices that GM has in the Terrain, I'll go with a Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot next time.

Good for you . . .. . :smile_big: Why not buy the new Chevy Blazer or GMC Acadia. ABout the same size as the 2011 -17 Equinox and Terrain.

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
41 Posts
It’s not marketed as a full time 3rd row seat SUV that’s what the Buick Enclave or Chevy Traverse are for. It’s meant for the times when you need the 3rd row seats for short periods, like going out to dinner with 2 other couples or taking your kids and friends to baseball, football or soccer practice.

It is available in a 2 3 2 seating configuration as well as a 2 2 2 configuration and with the 3rd seats down it has more cargo space than the old Equinox or Terrain.

You don’t have to have the 3rd row seat up if you don’t want to.

The enclave and traverse are the exact same vehicle as the acadia. The only difference is badging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The enclave and traverse are the exact same vehicle as the acadia. The only difference is badging.

Sir you are wrong. The new redesigned 2017 MY and up is smaller and approximately 700 lbs lighter than the Enclave and Traverse. They were all the same size from I think MY 2007 to 2016 and in 2017 GMC building an Acadia Limited which was the old body style and size.

Reactions: c&wsinbad

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sir you are wrong. The new redesigned 2017 MY and up is smaller and approximately 700 lbs lighter than the Enclave and Traverse. They were all the same size from I think MY 2007 to 2016 and in 2017 GMC building an Acadia Limited which was the old body style and size.

Either way all three have crap for cargo space for a family. Even the taho/ yukon with the third row sucks. Your better off getting a full size pickup or suburban if you wanna travel anywhere.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Either way all three have crap for cargo space for a family. Even the taho/ yukon with the third row sucks. Your better off getting a full size pickup or suburban if you wanna travel anywhere.

Depends on the size of your family and your needs. That's why GM has a full compliment of cars, CUV/SUVs and pickup tricks.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Reviving this a bit .. .

Like @AParker 2005 we went with a 2019 Acadia after finding a great deal on an Acadia SLT-1. $40,785 MSRP and $10,006 off after all discounts, incentives and a small $123 GM Card cash. So was $30,779 before taxes and fees.

Initially, we would not have thought abut the Acadia, but forgot it had been "resized" and was only 6" longer and 2.5" wider than out 2015 Equinox LTZ. But the interior space, comfort and ride is much nicer than the Equinox was.
We were amazed to find another vehicle with the size, feature and upscale feel of the Acadia for the price we got it for.
While not the Denali trim level, it has most all of what we had in the Equinox LTZ and more.
Particularly, we wanted another SUV with a V6 like the Equinox had. And we are getting 20 to 22 MPG in mixed driving and 27 to 31 MPG on the highway depending on wind, speed , terrain and traffic conditions. About the same or +2 to +3 MPG better than the Equinox.
We didn't really need the 3rd row rear seats, so keep them folded flat. WE do use them occasionally for grand kids and their parents. With them down, there is 41.7 cu. ft. of cargo space which is considerably more than the 29.6 in the current Equinox or Terrain. And with the 2nd row seats folded flat there is an amazing 79 cu. ft. of cargo space.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts