GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

The vehicle is a 2008 Equinox, 2WD. Recently, when driving at a steady speed and then starting to slowly increase speed, the vehicle appears to lose power and shake. You really have to step on the gas to get it to pick up again, and when it does, it is like nothing has happened. Vehicle runs smooth otherwise. The issue usually rears its head at about the 80km/h mark but has happened at other speeds as well.

I have not experienced anything like this previously and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where to start. I was wondering about a fuel filter being the culprit (engine starving under load) but apparently the filter is of the non-servicable type.

Any help would be appreciated!

Vehicle has approx 93,000 kilometers as of today.

·
Registered
10,644 Posts
Is the check engine light on ? If so, get the codes read to figure out the problem.

Things to check -

Air Filter

Replace Spark Plugs

Gas Filter (are you sure it doesn't have one ?)

Cat Convertor could be plugged

and the Check Engine light, if on

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RIT333 said:
Is the check engine light on ? If so, get the codes read to figure out the problem.

Things to check -

Air Filter

Replace Spark Plugs

Gas Filter (are you sure it doesn't have one ?)

Cat Convertor could be plugged

and the Check Engine light, if on
Thanks for the quick reply!!

CEL is not on and I replaced the air filter fairly recently (will check anyways as you never know.) The fuel filter from what I have read online is one of the in-tank filters that are not servicable but I will double check by tracing the fuel lines tomorrow. Didnt put any thought into the cat being plugged or the spark plugs as of yet as it is only under very certain conditions that the problem happens (certain speed, certain engine load). Never hurts to have a look though, so I will add to my list. The vehicle is approaching 100k so I may as well throw in new plugs.

I appreciate the new leads!! If you can think of any more, pls let me know!

Regards,

Greg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

The vehicle is a 2008 Equinox, 2WD. Recently, when driving at a steady speed and then starting to slowly increase speed, the vehicle appears to lose power and shake. You really have to step on the gas to get it to pick up again, and when it does, it is like nothing has happened. Vehicle runs smooth otherwise. The issue usually rears its head at about the 80km/h mark but has happened at other speeds as well.

I have not experienced anything like this previously and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where to start. I was wondering about a fuel filter being the culprit (engine starving under load) but apparently the filter is of the non-servicable type.

Any help would be appreciated!

Vehicle has approx 93,000 kilometers as of today.
Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts