GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody notice the carpeting under the brake is loose or bulges up some? Like, if you push your foot down underneath the brake pedal the carpeting isn't completely flat against the floor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
mnussbaum said:
Anybody notice the carpeting under the brake is loose or bulges up some? Like, if you push your foot down underneath the brake pedal the carpeting isn't completely flat against the floor?
Ya, If you take a big pair of shears and cut around that area it will disappear..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about doing that. I should sit in another Nox to see how the carpet is cut and how it lies. Even though the carpets are molded there's definitely variation in them. The dealer just replaced the headliner under warranty because there was a big gap between it and the rear C-pillar trim. The new headliner is perfect!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
mnussbaum said:
Anybody notice the carpeting under the brake is loose or bulges up some? Like, if you push your foot down underneath the brake pedal the carpeting isn't completely flat against the floor?
Toyota noticed 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally complained to the dealer about it. They said it was "normal", that another Equinox in their shop was the same. Dealer refused to trim the carpet or glue it or do anything. To me that might be the way they're all made, and it might be acceptable to Chevy/GM/dealer, but that doesn't make it good or right. That just tells me their standards are low. I cut off about 1/4" of the leading edge, which helped a lot, and applied a bit of spray-on carpet adhesive. Nearly perfect now. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
mnussbaum said:
I cut off about 1/4" of the leading edge, which helped a lot, and applied a bit of spray-on carpet adhesive. Nearly perfect now. ::)
Isn't it amazing how many of the most simple solutions seem to be such a big deal for warranty coverage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hard to believe they couldn't have done that, even as a goodwill gesture. 15 minutes max and they'd have built up some loyalty, both to GM and themselves. They spent almost as much time confirming and documenting that other Equinoxes were similar. As it is it just ticked me off and has left me little reason to go back there for any kind of service.

GM has a LONG way to go in this regard...our old Honda dealer once replaced the driver's side mirror assembly on my Odyssey after I busted it driving into the garage. The car was new, I misjudged its size, and I asked them to replace it as I had damaged it. They replaced it FREE, even knowing I caused the damage. Talk about goodwill--other than oil changes I took it back to the dealer for the next 9 years, and bought all my parts there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Stories like this kill me. All the effort that went into fixing GM cost structure in chapter 11 is waste when fing dealers treat customers like crap. So many of these dealerships are GM's own worst enemies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Dawgdaes said:
So many of these dealerships are GM's own worst enemies.
+1

GM has made progress w/ product design and quality (subjective opinion, of course); HOWEVER, it amazes me how many dealerships both look and behave like the old, pre-bankrupt GM. I shopped my local dealerships (sales, service, support, dealership 'curb appeal') as much as I shopped my Equinox; many times I felt like I was caught in a time-warp as opposed to living in 2011. I nearly passed on the 'Nox and bought a GLK until I found a dealership w/ professional staff and a showroom that didn't resemble some decrepit, third-world outpost. GM needs standardization of product sales, service, staff training and showrooms to reflect the 'new' GM. The customer-level experience remains a crap-shoot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
The worst is that lack of knowledge of those selling and "repairing" cars. Half these guys don't know an iPod from a pea pod. The techs are basically parts changers with little diagnostic abilities. If they don't havea service bulliten they are clueless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dawgdaes said:
If they don't havea service bulliten they are clueless.
...or a Check Engine Light/trouble code...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
I agree about dealers. I took my 11 Nox in to complain about seat getting extremely uncomfortable. Manager, in back, called out a mechanic to see if the seat was really any different, from other noxs. Before the "repair tech" even knew what car I brought in, he stated that he had "The exact same car", then couldn't figure out how to let the seat slide back. Then asked what year it was, and proclaimed..."yep, mine is just the same".
I won't even bring up what GM call center said. Needles to say, issue will not be dealt with.
I just hate the way these dealers have a system, between each other, about how to dismiss the customer. Sly phrasing, and little traps to try to get one to admit that that the customer is being silly....... And every repair tech has the same car I drive, no matter what car I drive. That's what made me leave Chrysler. I thought that GM would be different, but I guess it's a culture that's not going away, soon.
Just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
I live in Rockland County NY 25 miles outside of NYC. The county has only 1 dealer that sells ALL the GM brands. To show you how things have changed not long ago the county had 3 Chevy only dealers. When you go in there they say " Hey .. were the only show in town". No other GM dealers are really close. The county has 2 large Toyota dealer and one close by in NJ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
Ziason said:
I agree about dealers. I took my 11 Nox in to complain about seat getting extremely uncomfortable. Manager, in back, called out a mechanic to see if the seat was really any different, from other noxs. Before the "repair tech" even knew what car I brought in, he stated that he had "The exact same car", then couldn't figure out how to let the seat slide back. Then asked what year it was, and proclaimed..."yep, mine is just the same".
I won't even bring up what GM call center said. Needles to say, issue will not be dealt with.
I just hate the way these dealers have a system, between each other, about how to dismiss the customer. Sly phrasing, and little traps to try to get one to admit that that the customer is being silly....... And every repair tech has the same car I drive, no matter what car I drive. That's what made me leave Chrysler. I thought that GM would be different, but I guess it's a culture that's not going away, soon.
Just my opinion.
Did you have a case regarding your concern? I would like to look into this for you with the case number. Please contact me directly for further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Thanks Trish, but I got the message, loud and clear.
Well, not clear, one of the people I dealt with had a hard time with English. I also don't have the case #, anymore, as I discarded it, after I was called back with the answer.
And since the seat can't be "altered", due to air bag sensors, nothing can be done about it. I guess, if GM says.
Even though I was redirected to an upholsterer, for possible alterations.
Anyhow, I'll just use 1/2 of a cushion to compensate.
Not looking to slam GM, I really want the big three( or 2 1/2) to succeed.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top