GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

looking good daily

19K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  SonoGal12 
#1 ·
I have the black (beauty) nox. We (ok, my husband) takes a "california duster" to the nox. Quick once-over and she looks marvelous dahling...between washings. Cool thing about this duster, is that it works better the dirtier it gets..

#3 ·
Yes indeed, that is the brand name "California duster" they carry them at autoparts stores and walmart, etc. Really a cool item that doesn't take any real care. They sell for about $15-20 depending where you purchase. In fact, my Chevy dealer has them.

#7 ·
You can throw them in the washing machine
to remove the dust that will scratch your paint...
be sure to remove from the wood handle first though ::)

#9 ·
My hair is too short for curling irons :banghead: LOL

and ahhhh...no...not that way, but...

This is a Forum...and ya know sometimes folks will read stuff "literally"

which is why in the bluetooth thread I tried to be "lighthearted" so you wouldn't think I was "slamming"

#10 ·
Causing trouble again, MOCHANOX?? ;D

I have the California duster..only use it when the car is clean and has surface dust/pollen ( I have the carbon black metallic)...I also have the interior California duster too!

#11 ·
wrusprod said:
Causing trouble again, MOCHANOX?? ;D

I have the California duster..only use it when the car is clean and has surface dust/pollen ( I have the carbon black metallic)...I also have the interior California duster too!
Who meeeeeeee?

I luv my Cali Duster...use it all the time on the acres of sheet metal on our Avalanche (which happens to be black also).

#12 ·
The way I use the Duster, is on a clean car.. that just has some pollen or road dust on it from a day of driving.. I use it on my Black Miata, between washes...once the car has bird dropping/bugs or its rained, even if just a light rain...i dont use the duster..thats just me though...

#13 ·
Dusters are only for dusting not dry cleaning.

First thing to do is take the duster new and sit it on newspaper to absorbe the extra treatment in the mop.

Then as state use it and the dirtier it gets the better it works. I would avoid using it in the sun as the wax on the surface can streak.

I will use mine in light sweeps over the car in a straight line. This knocks off most of the dust or pollen. Then I follow with Adams Detail Spray and a large micro fiber towel. This works really well on my Black cars and keeps them clean for long periods of time.

I would not recomend washing it as it will continue to work well dirty for a long time. If it is bad enough to wash I would toss it and just buy a new one. They are not that expensive.

#15 ·
Is it true that the dirtier the Duster gets the better ? That just seems odd to me . I have one and the yarn is black , seems to work still on my 2012 Carbon Mettallic Black Terrain , but was wondering is if it should be replaced . They aren't that expensive . :help:

#17 ·
Zach said:
Is it true that the dirtier the Duster gets the better ? That just seems odd to me . I have one and the yarn is black , seems to work still on my 2012 Carbon Mettallic Black Terrain , but was wondering is if it should be replaced . They aren't that expensive . :help:
Yes they do get better with use but keep in mind there is a limit to everything. If you note it is not picking up like it should or if it has any kind of grittiness to it then you might want to replace it. If you have any question on the condition replace it as like state they are cheap.

#19 ·
MOCHANOX said:
You can throw them in the washing machine
to remove the dust that will scratch your paint...
be sure to remove from the wood handle first though ::)
You guys can chuckle... but my aunt did forget to remove the handle once. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.