GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had three quick questions that was hoping someone might have some insight on.

1) I've noticed lately when I hit the 'Voice Command' button on the steering wheel that I'll get the voice prompt. After the beep I'll say 'Hands Free' and every time the voice says 'Voice Dialling Cancelled'. Then if I hit it again I just get the beep, I say "Hands Free" and it works fine. Why does it always cancel after the first try?

2) The small knob to the lower left of the steering wheel is, I assume, to control the dashboard lighting. If you turn it all the way one way it clicks and you can go one more step. On all of my other vehicles that usually sets the level of lighting on the dash based on if the headlights are on or not, and then if you go past the click that keeps the dash lights on high all the time regardless of headlights. I've noticed when playing with this it doesn't make any difference to my dash lights. Is this because I keep my headlights on Auto? I'll turn it all the way down, all the way up but the brightness doesn't seem to change.

3) This may relate to #2, I've noticed that i'll be driving and all of the sudden my dash lights will turn brighter, or dimmer. I thought it was to do with the head lights coming on, but it doesn't. I assume it has to do with the outside lighting (day/night mode), but I wonder what causes the change. Example, sometimes i'll start my truck and the gear box lights will be bright red, and sometimes they look turned off, when in fact their just dim.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated!

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you are talking about bluetooth in question one, it is wholly dependent on cell phone you are using.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
As far as your question #2, the dimmer switch works on ours and our lights are almost always (99% of the time) on AUTO.
#3 is probably due to exterior lighting as you already noted.

I think Roesterman probably has the best answer for question #1.
Maybe you have to re-pair your bluetooth phone with your Terrain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips, so I guess I really dont have issues then with #2, & #3 as it seems to be the same for everyone.

As for #1... I have it paired with an iPhone and I have no issues making a call, or receiving calls. Just find it odd that some of the times when I hit the 'hands free' button and the lady's voice comes on with the prompt, then it beeps and I say 'hands free', like it says to do, she says its cancelled. If I press it again, it comes on with no lady's voice, just the beep, I say 'Hands Free' and it works fine. Just thought that was really odd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 17 equinox does the same thing with the dimmer knob, it changes light turning left and right but once you turn it past the click it does nothing else. Also my light brighten to. I can start it at night and lights will be super bright, I can shut it off and start it again and then they dimmer. Same with daylight. I have found there is no place time or light setting that effects this, just complete randomness!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts