GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a 2016 Equinox LT with the V6 but it has a hundred ten thousand miles on it. Any thoughts on a high mileage, 3 year old Chevy? It's clean as a whistle and drives perfect.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
With that many miles in just under 3 years you would think they would be hwy miles which are better than city driving. Like Storageguy said if the price is right an no oblivious problems go for it with the understanding that it has 110K on it and there may be some issues down the road.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Might depend on where you live. In the rust/salt belt it has probably gotten a good dose of the salt. Might post up the vin and one of the guys here can do a service search for the machine. Check on transmission or engine repairs. Good vehicles but there are always exceptions.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Sounds like it was a traveling salesman or something like that-
Most likely highway miles... which are way better than in city stop and go.

Can you somehow track who/what company used it?

Rental usually have way less when they get rid of them I believe.

No signs of radio equipment mounted inside?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The 2016 Equinox with a V-6 is an excellent choice.
This is only my opinion but I usually stay away from buying vehicles with over 100K on the clock.

I got burned on a few in my life with constant problems.
Mostly suspension, mounts, A/C parts, wheel bearings, trans problems eventually, etc, etc.
AWD adds a few more expensive components like transfer case and rear differential.
Things just wear out.

I realize sometimes that's all the budget allows.
If you can get it for a rock bottom price, go for it and good luck.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
IMHO if taken care of, 110k miles is nothing.
I wouldn’t say it’s “nothing”, but it’s at half it’s lifespan. So how that equates to purchase price would decide it for me.

Maybe buy for around $10,000?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I can't offer much advice, as my 2016, 3.6 AWD, LTZ has about 3,400 miles on it:

I believe at the mileage you say is on this pre-owned Equinox, mechanically it probably is solid; it will have many other needs as mentioned earlier like suspension and steering parts, HVAC issues, half-shaft joints/boots, hub bearings, fluids, electronic components, etc.

For those reasons and service related needs, I shy away from high mileage vehicles.

It seems that whatever components are serviced or replaced, there is always something unexpected that pops up with higher mileage vehicles that make them less dependable or reliable.

If the vehicle isn't your only vehicle in the stable, and if doing some extra maintenance and repairs are acceptable to you, and the purchase price is fair; then purchasing a higher mileage vehicle could be a desirable option.

Reactions: rednox301
1 - 9 of 9 Posts